• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder

Looks like another year on the Nytro. This Yammi-Arctic Crap sucks. Their Ergo's suck, their added weight sucks, their lack of R&D sucks, their price sucks. This motor was already developed for the YXZ. They just scabbed it in like they did with the Viper. Ski-Doo has a new Ergos, New motor, is lighter, and is far cheaper. It was fun knowing you guys. This will be my last entry until Yamaha brings me back. My next purchase will be a Ski-Doo or Polaris. I'm Done................Peace out!
Have you even had seat time on a viper?? Maybe you should before you bash it or the new sidewinder. I owned a Nytro, probably the worst sled I've ever owned. The viper is night and day better than the Nytro could have ever been.

We get it, and got it 40-50 posts ago. You like the apex more than any other sled.
You are aware there is an apex forum on here where you can brag or complain about the apex right?[/QUOTE
Im guessing you guys hating on this new sled have never actually ridden a new Viper , hands down better riding and handling over the Apex , not to mention easier to maintain . Changing oil on an Apex or battery , what a pain in the #*$&@! And the exhaust donuts and sloppy front ends after 3000 miles. Countless bogy wheels and thats just off the top of my head. I did love my Apex dont get me wrong but looking back it was the power that i miss , nothing else. The new sled im sure handles and rides like a Viper , plus has more power than the Apex. If you ask me thats " check mate " !! My only complaint now is that i wish i held out one more year so i could be ordering a Sidewinder now and not stuck on my 15 Viper .
I rode one. Not a real fan of the ride style. Could get used to it but I like a more laid back ride rather then throwing myself into every corner. If you sit to ride its more tippy then my Apex but if you hang off the side it works. But then so does my Apex. All that moving and leaning just tires out my poor old body. But I have to ask have you maintained a 2011 up? Changing oil is easy enough and at least I can check it with a dipstick, Almost 10,000 miles, front end still tight like new, donuts still tight like new, Steering still tight like new. Power steering so easy so smooth. Still have all the boogey wheels. Apexes have come a long way!

The new sled should handle like the Viper its the same chassis. My problem comes in with the turbo, I'd rather have NA but the triple without a turbo is a step back. I like the Apex motor not the tractor sounding triple. I thought it was an open Forum and I was just answering with my thoughts on people saying the Apex was done. Sorry!

I like the new plastic and love how the windshield light pod comes off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like another year on the Nytro. This Yammi-Arctic Crap sucks. Their Ergo's suck, their added weight sucks, their lack of R&D sucks, their price sucks. This motor was already developed for the YXZ. They just scabbed it in like they did with the Viper. Ski-Doo has a new Ergos, New motor, is lighter, and is far cheaper. It was fun knowing you guys. This will be my last entry until Yamaha brings me back. My next purchase will be a Ski-Doo or Polaris. I'm Done................Peace out!
WELL EAT MY DUST PAL WHEN I BLOW BY YOU

Is there enough room on the sidewinder seat to take a passenger? I double my wife all the time on my apex with no issues..
that would probably be tough but a 2 up Viper seat will probably bolt on

That sounds like a great option
just check with your dealer for compatibility first. I can't say for sure that there aren't changes from the viper to sidewinder for seat fitment

nice engine quiet no fun! good horse p the machine look good
handel like if you are on a top of the ladder, you have to work a lot to get same handeling speed of an apex! yes the apex it is not perfect but with the olins, snow tracker a the right ajustment it is a good set up . i can't imagine for what raison Yamaha went with Cat set up! in the F1 moteur sport lower gravité better the handeling no !! or i dont anderstant i would like to see from yamaha brake on the ski and more hp in the apex like 20 mores

Back