• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmons gem 1 vs stock w/bergstrom triple points

Ringold24

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 Yamaha Attak GT
07 Attak, ripsaw 2, 13mm sway bar. 162 studs down center. I've got 2 sets of skis to work with and I'm looking for opinions on which to use for groomed trail use. Simmons gen 1 with brand new 6" carbides or stock ski with almost new bergstrom triple points. Thanks

Rode gen 1 Simmons for years on my Apex and liked them. Worked alot better with Berg's triple points on them. Only negative is the steering effort and some push when riding loose snow.

I've never tried the Simmons, but Triples on stock skis worked great on my Apex and even on my RX-1 MTN. Both sleds were studded and they both railed the corners. I guess if I were you and you already have both, I'd try both back to back if possible and see if you notice any difference. Doesn't take much to swap skis.

I was not all that impressed with the Bergstrom triple points & shim kit on stock skis on an 07 Attak (studded). Still seemed to dart pretty bad. I have an 06 GT now that I have put Pilot 5.7 skis on with 7.5" Shaper bar carbides in the middle and 4" standard carbides on the outside and the darting is almost non-existent. It also steers easier. The GT has 192 studs.

Back