• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski-doo pilots

I had Pilot 5.7 on my Attak and they were a huge improvement over the stock ski. I just put the same ski's on my Nytro SE

I just bought a set of 5.7 for my 09 SE, planning on running Roetin Carbides, Roetin only sells them in a set of four, two with 4" carb to be run in the middle and the two outside ones with 6" carbs...... Does this sound like the best choice? I have 96 studs, only groomed trail riding.

D-

Yes, I did get the ZX rubbers. I've been looking and the skidoo factory accessory carbides come in 4" and 6" pairs, same as the Roetin. I think you'd have to go up a size, at least in the middle, so you were running all 6", I am hoping someone on the site has an opinion....... I doubt anyone would recomment 4" on the center keel.

The local dealers, around here are just about giving Nytros away, this time of year. So it has definitely gotten me to consider a Nytro.

The dealer closest to me is trying sell me a new 2008. I questioned the cost of the $1,400 part kit to upgrade a 2008 to 2009 front end geometry. And dealer says all the 2008 needs is a set of Pilot Skis to correct the handling issues. Is this correct?

(By the way, last year I demo rode a 2008 Nytro RTX and DID NOT LIKE THE HANDLING, but last weekend I demo'd a 2009 Nytro XTX and though it handled great for it's size.)

Trail Ryder said:
And dealer says all the 2008 needs is a set of Pilot Skis to correct the handling issues. Is this correct?

It certainly makes a huge difference. I've not ridden an 09, but my 08 with the Pilots had no handling issues to speak of.

I just went from 5.7s to 6.9s and haven't had it out for a good run yet. I'm hoping it's even better.

Trail Ryder said:
The local dealers, around here are just about giving Nytros away, this time of year. So it has definitely gotten me to consider a Nytro.

The dealer closest to me is trying sell me a new 2008. I questioned the cost of the $1,400 part kit to upgrade a 2008 to 2009 front end geometry. And dealer says all the 2008 needs is a set of Pilot Skis to correct the handling issues. Is this correct?

(By the way, last year I demo rode a 2008 Nytro RTX and DID NOT LIKE THE HANDLING, but last weekend I demo'd a 2009 Nytro XTX and though it handled great for it's size.)

You would be surprised what a good set of carbides or skis can fix. I put dooly's on my sled and noticed a huge difference. I will be trying pilot skis in the near future. For the money they are cheapest ski when you compare to C&A, Simmons, or USI's.

I was thinking pilots but opted for yamaha mountains with dooly carbides. I am waiting one more week to try them out ditch banging. Are you guys going with 6.9 mountain performance to get the second carbide?

I'm going with the 6.9s for flotation purposes only. The 5.7 is awesome, but with the powder we have this time of year and the off-trail riding I do, they just aren't keeping the front end up enough for my liking.

Back