• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ski ice scratcher mounting option

ranger1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Just thought I would post pics of my ski scratcher install in case anyone is interested in mounting them this way. I always mount mine on the skis as I find it lubes the hyfax from front to back as well as aid's in cooling. I try to get them as close to front of the suspension as possible, this is why I opted to mount them facing the rear as opposed to having them come out the side of the ski + they stow away much easier, don't have to bend them much to put them on the ski.
The aluminum plate I made is mounted to the ski using one of the existing carbide runner bolts. The only hole I had to drill was a small 3/16" for the pop rivet for the stow bracket.

Attachments

• 20160306_224019.jpg
    20160306_224019.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 457
  • 20160307_094804.jpg
    20160307_094804.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 513
  • 20160307_022850.jpg
    20160307_022850.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 495

Nice set up. With the extra wheels in my skid I really don't have a great place to mount my new scratchers on my Attak. I may have to borrow your ideas! Can I ask where you sourced the stow brackets?

Nice set up. With the extra wheels in my skid I really don't have a great place to mount my new scratchers on my Attak. I may have to borrow your ideas! Can I ask where you sourced the stow brackets?
I made the stow bracket out of a galvanized pipe. I just cut it length ways then peeled it open with pliers. I straightened & flattened it where it mounts to the ski

What was the thickness of the aluminum?
Would you consider selling a set? If so, how much?
Can you do them for the wider mountain ski?

I'm working on a set of ski mounting brackets to sell this season. I posted some pics and info in my website blog.

I made the stow bracket out of a galvanized pipe. I just cut it length ways then peeled it open with pliers. I straightened & flattened it where it mounts to the ski
how did they work for you? did you ever have issue with suspension getting jammed up with ice/snow? can you go in reverse with them down?

I use the ski-mount brackets supplied by Travis at Barn of Parts. They work great! Never had any unusual ice buildup but those scratchers do kick up a bunch of snow so there's always a pile of snow laying in the suspension. And his are designed to "break away" in the event the scratcher gets caught on something substantial. Two seasons and no issues with the brackets at all.

how did they work for you? did you ever have issue with suspension getting jammed up with ice/snow? can you go in reverse with them down?
Yes they worked pretty good. Unfortunately like all cable ice scratchers there is not enough down pressure for ice. I need scratchers mostly in the spring when it warms up, melts the snow a bit then freezes. I opted to replace those with the coil Skidoo scratchers just yesterday, made ski brackets for those as well

Yes they worked pretty good. Unfortunately like all cable ice scratchers there is not enough down pressure for ice. I need scratchers mostly in the spring when it warms up, melts the snow a bit then freezes. I opted to replace those with the coil Skidoo scratchers just yesterday, made ski brackets for those as well

can you post a picture would like to see how they came out. I’m just looking for something for the late winter/spring also.

Ok, took a video and couldnt share it, message said file too large, took a bunch of pictures and it still said file too large so unfortunately I cant share anything. Anyone know why I cant upload pictures on here?

Back