• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skid MODS

found a pile of those rubber end caps and where to get them ,they come on new windows on the window crank gear end. also in pnuematic building controls 1/4 inch valves and parts have rubber ends on everything new in box.

Weapon X said:
Actually look into it before you say something ,its about amount of polymer in the mix.

So you're saying they use a different ratio during the DI process with more UHMW-PE polymer in a batch to make them harder?
I currently work on a DI mold system and have experience with different prepolymers for over 10 years now. I have some knowledge of it.

Not to start an argument here, but I don't buy it for white ones. Why wouldn't a manufacturer do it for all of them then? (if offered in different colors- would be a great marketing tool to sell them).

Just buy those new bigger Excell wheels.Problem solved otherwise just run stockers down till they stop and just take a chance they wont wear through the little left.Thats what I am doing.Going on second season on slides.Scary though.

cannondale27 said:
Just buy those new bigger Excell wheels.Problem solved otherwise just run stockers down till they stop and just take a chance they wont wear through the little left.Thats what I am doing.Going on second season on slides.Scary though.

Just bought 2 the other night from them, many left in the box still.

Also made up some different carraige bolts at work to combat the "boot wrecking problem" (after 137.4 miles this season it is starting to wear on one of my new Coldwaves already) :o|
Cannondale, You sir were correct- I didn't think a little head sticking out like that would do it ;)!
That bolt just holds 2 plates together it feels like, nothing else is there behind it- Excell's said I could just take it out and not worry about it after looking at one on their showroom floor but I'm putting a bolt back in it anyways.
Will take some pic for ya'.... Stay tuned

Well the "makeshift" bolts were too large but I did put an 8mm flat torx head in there & sitting flush. The nut behind it is welded on so R+I is a snap. Hopefully eliminating the "boot rub" issue.

The Excell wheels are a great piece.- bigger (135.8 mm), rubber on the outside not just solid plastic, REPLACABLE bearings look heavy duty as well. Easy 5 minute job to do with a 14mm socket + wrench.
No drilling or mounting "extra" wheels/ brackets AND they're not gonna fall off ;)! :Rockon:
I've got 137.4 miles on since the new sliders, this will be the test to see if they do work.

The "boot rub" culprit
yammiparts003.jpg

Excell's wheels, nothing real fancy
yammiparts002.jpg

Difference from OEM (on top)
yammiparts001.jpg

8mm bolt in, hopefully problem solved
yammiparts005.jpg

Quite a bit of difference
yammiparts004.jpg

I said something before about colors and slide wear and everyone thought i started drinking again, lol.
Porkchop, those wheels do look nice and beefy.

porkchop said:
cannondale27 said:

I trust that Phazer owners need (4) wheels for the rear skid? Have you any feedback on the new wheels?

rotax454 said:
porkchop said:
cannondale27 said:

I trust that Phazer owners need (4) wheels for the rear skid? Have you any feedback on the new wheels?

Only 4 needed for ours, good point! ;)!

No feedback yet since I havent gotten them yet but I have no doubt that they will work.When you put the new wheels on a guy should also change the hyfax though since new hyfax will wear to the new wheel dia and should stop leaving alot more hyfax left than the stock wheels.

I only put 137 miles on the sliders (they were new) since getting the Excell wheels, gonna see how long they will last though after reading about others wearing out so quickly.
The sliders I bought were $50, can't imagine going thru a couple of sets per year. If the Excell wheels help then that was a great $60 investment ;)!

porkchop said:
The sliders I bought were $50, can't imagine going thru a couple of sets per year. If the Excell wheels help then that was a great $60 investment ;)!

Excel charges $29.95 for each wheel. Given the fact that Phazers require four wheels (two inside and two outside the hyfax rails), that would mean a $ 120.00 investment. Porkchop, did you only install two wheels?

Some of the guys are buying 8 of them @ $30 ea for $240 divided by $25 set of slides is 9.6 times , say, 1500 miles per set before replacing is 14,400 miles, you break even.
I know you wouldn't have the hassle of changing slides, and the bearing are now removable to service, and they look of great quality. I don't plan owning mine long enough and I was just playing with numbers.

Dang it Porkchop!I should have done your bolt mod right away.Those caps I put on left one fell off and I didnt notice till my brand new Klim boot had a wear spot.Guys do this or your boot will get it.

Attachments

• Bolt Boot 001.JPG
    Bolt Boot 001.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 100

Back