• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

skid reinstall

front arm first.

Some prefer to ratchet the rear arm down a bit, but I like unhooking the springs to allows you to position the rear arm easier and line up the holes.

moab11 said:
front arm first.

Some prefer to ratchet the rear arm down a bit, but I like unhooking the springs to allows you to position the rear arm easier and line up the holes.
X2
Undo the torsion springs and collapse the rear shock. I wouldn't want to try putting the rear up first..

Actually, while I've always put in the front first, then the rear on the Nytro, on other sleds I used to do one side first, then the other.

I only do the front/back thing with the nytro because it's harder to flip from side to side since it doesn't balance on it's side very well.

I also never collapse the shock or remove the springs. Once I've got the front in place I line up the rear using a pry bar through a track clip, pushing on the cross shaft.

I found that if you put the front arm in first and then the back. The bolt holes won't line up for the back, I then tighten the track adjusters until the holes line up. Easy job, then align your track and set the the disired tension.

When the skid is out, I use a pair of bar clamps to compress the front shock. Once compressed, wrap a piece of nylon cord around it to keep it compressed. Release the rear springs, and tie the long end to the skid rails just so they don't flop around and get hung up in the track. I put the back axle of the skid in the track first, then once the skid is completely in the track, lift the front up into position and slip the bolts in. When the front bolts are in the cord can be removed allowing the front shock to extend. With the rear springs disengaged, it's easy to move the rear shock to line up the rear bolt holes.

Back