• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skid swap, need information

Bradford

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
06 RS Nytro
Well, after 20K miles of a Proaction CK in an 06 Nytro, I've decided to update to a 136 Mono which I'll stretch to a 144. The donor sled is a 2010 Apex. I was originally looking for a skid from an 09 Vector LT because my neighbor has one and his tunnel looks identical to mine making it easy to get the proper measurements. My question is, is the 2010 Apex 136 the same as the 09 Vector 136? I'll be getting the mounting brackets from the donor sled too

I appreciate any help I can get with this project because I don't want to spend half the winter getting it dialed in

Before you buy the extensions to bump it to 144" do some more research. I believe the track tightens up thru the travel and you will have to run the track very loose so you may need extrovert drivers. I know people have done it before and someone will chime in ! My 136" Mono rides very nice If your going off trail with it maybe leave it at 136 " put your money towards a Cobra track and wider ski's.

Been there, done that and learned the hard way. I stretched the original 121 to 144 and had the issue with the track tightening through the travel. So, I already have the 144 track, extrovert drivers and powder skis. Thanks for chiming in!

Mounting points between the 09 and 10 are the same so you can use measurements from the 09 tunnel.

Back