• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

skis....skis....skis.....

Tyloooor

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Good Day guys.

I have a ski question, my wonder wife for xmas bought me a set of tuner skis but I'm not sure I want them. I currently have a set of pilots on my girl, but I'm looking for something different. I was thinking of C&A's but not really sure. I mostly trail ride but I like to play in the snow here or there. Are the tuners any good? my brother and Dad run them and love them. Just looking to see what you guys think....

Thanks

Give one their sleds a ride and see. I disliked them as most on here I think agree (plus it's small sample base all with similar mind set) But some are happy with them. So give their sleds a ride and see what you think first

Would be similar outcome tho. If they perform on there how you like a shorter smaller lugged track would make them shine more. If they turned how you like and float how you like that is. Would he let you put his on your sled for a bit? That way these remain unused if you dislike them? And if you do you an bolt them right back on.

I had tuners and wasn't sure if it was ski or carbides I didn't like. So bought cheap used c&a skis with beat up but good enough shapers on them to try. And found it made the sled so everything I was waiting for and didn't wanna spend more money adjusting carbides in hopes that it may work how I wanted on the tuners after that

I had tuners, they pushed in soft snow, put curve xs skis on. Better all the way around. Lots of other guys run curves too. Just search it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

^ that was my experience. Pushed like crazy in soft snow was ok on icey hard packed snow. C&a fixed that. But I'm sure something could fix that I just didn't wanna make the effort

Ive tried... stock xtx ski, stock mountian ski, pilot 6.9's, c&a's and now I have curves and they are the best ski out for me and my conditions. great trail manners with better precision than the others and still has plenty of float and control in powder.

Back