• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled Lift - Nytro

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
For those that have a sled lift - what is the trick to lift it with all the cowls and belly pan on, and then take them off.

I recently purchased a lift from Princess Auto. When placing the main bar just ahead of the front heat exchanger all plastic has to be removed before the weight of the sled is on the lift.

I had to strip it first then lift. whats the trick? (if there is one). It just seems counter productive to crawl around removing push pins and fasteners, and then be able to pick it up.....
Thanks
MS

For those that have a sled lift - what is the trick to lift it with all the cowls and belly pan on, and then take them off.

I recently purchased a lift from Princess Auto. When placing the main bar just ahead of the front heat exchanger all plastic has to be removed before the weight of the sled is on the lift.

I had to strip it first then lift. whats the trick? (if there is one). It just seems counter productive to crawl around removing push pins and fasteners, and then be able to pick it up.....
Thanks
MS
I always use the lift then drop it down on three milk crates, I think that works great and you get the lift outa there.

It just doesn't work with a nytro. I built my own lift with a bend to fit the angle of the tunnels of previous sleds I have owned.. When my sleds are lifted the seat is level. I think with the Princess auto lift there is a short tube at the back that has to be tilted up to contact the running boards to make the seat sit level. I just never really liked that set up so I built my own version. About the only way it would work is if you modified the lift to have a bar across by the rear heat exchanger but if you have to remove the skid plate for any reason you are back to putting it on the floor. I know when I have everything off the sled I slid a 1" square tube underneath to help support the sled. I will live with taking the panels off on the floor because it gives me easy access to everything on the side of the sled , like the chain case for one or track shaft bearing. No more looking down and trying to see where the bolt hole is and having to feel blindly with your hand like on some of the older sleds. Just get right down beside it.

Now the cheesy plastic push pins , those suck. Go to a NAPA store or something similar and get some , much cheaper then Yamaha. There is one that fits a Honda car and it has 4 flat spots to fit a screwdriver , instead of 2.

Now the cheesy plastic push pins , those suck. Go to a NAPA store or something similar and get some , much cheaper then Yamaha. There is one that fits a Honda car and it has 4 flat spots to fit a screwdriver , instead of 2.

Great secret/tip!

I built a frame out of steel pipe and then lift the front end up by the front bumper.

Have the same lift, if you don't modify lift you have to remove plastics. I also changed out the jack and rigged a trailer jack in place. The bearing in factory jack will wear out or bind and then it will be useless.

Thanks for the input. I was hoping there was a secret out there. But i guess i just suck it up.
The lift works great. I had the back modified creating longer pieces that support the running boards to lift the sled level. As for the jack, you can feel its not exactly a high quality part. Hope it lasts a little while before it packs it in.
MS

I use to build a few sled lifts every year of my version but I got sick and tired of people comparing the price to Princess auto's price. Most never bother to compare the steel thickness or weld quality , just the price.

Did yours come with the wheel kit.

They had a sale last year and it was hard to say no. It did come with the wheels. It does the job, and has been a great addition to work on a sled. MS

When I build mine I used a hand crank winch. Does the job like you say and that's what counts. I will never be with out one, my back can't take working on a sled on the ground anymore. When I do fabrication work on a sled I use my overhead winch that I built and put the sled on 3 metal saw horses, then everything is just the right height. Here is a pick of my buddies 08 nytro getting a set of tube running boards fabricated for it.

Attachments

• 20140217_220157.jpg
    20140217_220157.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 114
I use the neighbor's 2 post car lift, how ever high ya' wanna go is no problem.
Works great.

Back