• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled shut down

sharky007

Extreme
What codes will shut the Nytro engine down on it's own? I had the sled running on the trailer last night and it shut down on it's own it had a code with a yellow light. But I couldn't read the code. It had been running for maybe 10 mins and it was cold out -15c.

I believe the sled will shut down if it gets hot idling. One question, why would you let it idle for 10 minutes? Yellow light is warning, comes on for any issue including low fuel level.

Our was giving us code 33, 34, 35 it would shut the motor down and turned out to be the ecu

The sled will shut down if idling for too long. 10-15 minutes sounds pretty accurate time frame when I had mine idling couple years ago when we stopped on the trail at night (to provide light to be seen).

newfie09xtx said:
The sled will shut down if idling for too long. 10-15 minutes sounds pretty accurate time frame when I had mine idling couple years ago when we stopped on the trail at night (to provide light to be seen).

Yep I had it running for light to tie down the sled and my buddy was having problems and by the time I got back it had shut off.

newfie09xtx said:

Yep I had it running for light to tie down the sled and my buddy was having problems and by the time I got back it had shut off.

Mine never did it after. I just make sure that I dont let it idle anymore.

Mine never did it after. I just make sure that I dont let it idle long anymore.

Mine never did it after. I just make sure that I dont let it idle long anymore.

Yes they all do that idle for about 10min. then turn off ...just so the sled won't overheat .....its a safty thing....

I would buy a flash light

Back