• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sliders

nytronympho

Having some trouble with the sliders-- about 800 on my 09Nytro XTX and sliders are on the wear line--- seems hard to believe but been on some hard packed trails not much lube--- anybody else wear them out that quick???

1100 km and mine are almost toast. I think my track was far too tight, as snow conditions here are always good.

About 1200miles on my xtx. 1 day I rode about 60miles on hard pack, probably had about 700 miles on before that ride. Noticed a difference after that ride. My sliders are almost to the wear line now. Other than that day conditions up here in upstate NY have been pretty good for a change.

hey Nytro40th-- saying your track was to tight-- what do you have it at? I thought that was the problem partially for me too and I checked it and its at 1.25 which is beyond the specs. Probably leave it there they say its better to have it a little loose than to tight... Thanks for the update>>

Last year I tightened it as I thought the track was ratcheting. I measured it today, mine was below specs, and it was off alignment as well. Ordered new slides today.

I burned through a set of graphites in 200 Km last year, but the rain on sunday froze Monday night and we got very little snow to cover it up. That, and it's an MTX. I trimmed the track and put a new set on and I'm on the same set this year but will probably need changing next week during our week long.

Got about 600 miles on my first set- that was in pretty decent snow conditions, but on one trip, did have to ride along a road for a while w/o a lot of snow, figure that's what ate them up. Put on a new set of cheapies from Marshalls last week, gonna run those until they burn up and then do hyperfax, deleting the wheels on the skid altogether (except for the rear 8"s). They are so easy to change on this sled though that if mine even look close I figure it's worth swapping them- especially at less than $30 for the pair to replace.

Northerndoc-- hey where do you usually get your sliders?? I have a yamaha dealer close to here and they want about $40.00 for a pair... But if I can find an online place to buy some, and im going through them this quick, I may buy a few pair--- If you have any suggestions--- would be great,,,, thanks...

I got them through a local repair shop. He gets them from the Marshall Distributing Catalog (most shops can order from Marshall). They don't list ones yet for the XTX, but I found that #2834 Garland black slides (which are actually for the '07 Phazer Mountain Lite) are the perfect length. All I had to do was trim the front a little (cause my rails are trimmed for my extros), put the little grooves in them like the stock XTX slides so that they can make the sharp bend right by the front tip of the suspension rails (just lay your old ones down next to the new ones and copy the location), and slide them on! The were about $14 apiece from my local guy. Hope this helps. Might want to spend the money for the "wide slides" from Yamaha's acc. book though- possibly last longer. I just did these because I wanted them changed before a trip I made and he had these in stock. Going to Hiperfax next though- won't have to worry about it after that.

Back