• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow Checked a LTX-LE Racin Blue

Yes cheap, and so far dont think anyone has hurt one, even tuned....many guys are running it.

Still not certain if stock gears are all HYVO or not on stock YAM SW, and assuming at this cheap price this BW 22 is NOT HYVO.

I am gonna look up price on stock 21 for comparison....

Well i cant see stock gears being HYVO, unless they are cheap now?

Price for stock gear at babbits fiche....$13.36

gears price.jpg

im planning on changing gearing and track on my nitro xtx too,1 tooth bigger top gear is $40 bucks for it,must be cause its hyvo,are the sidewinder clutches able to shift out all the way or do they require a little shaving,lots of ways to gain from stock stuff just haven't been into any of it for 7 or 8 years,once I got the 06apex working good I haven't done anything to it but gas it up so im a little slow to get my front lobe back into cheap speed

The later model SRX had HYVO as well! you would think with all that power the genesis is making HYVO would be required or maybe it just not that important?

Thanks. Maybe it was the tcat with the 24/50
Chain was still good with the 22 top gear?
Very tight,but ok,that is what I have in mine now. Works awesome corner to corner,but I am not stock.

im planning on changing gearing and track on my nitro xtx too,1 tooth bigger top gear is $40 bucks for it,must be cause its hyvo,are the sidewinder clutches able to shift out all the way or do they require a little shaving,lots of ways to gain from stock stuff just haven't been into any of it for 7 or 8 years,once I got the 06apex working good I haven't done anything to it but gas it up so im a little slow to get my front lobe back into cheap speed
Hey bro,have not seen you here in quite a while,do not remove material from the new 2017 or newer clutches,that the sidewinders have,they already have O.D. built into them,other wise you may be to far to top,and have belt issues. The stock clutches shift out to with in 1/4" of top,and that will net you 120 mph stock GPS if all things are good. There have been some clutch issues this year on the SW,but not every one has had problems,and it did not matter if you were stock or not,if yours had issues,it had issues,some of the problem was rollers flat spotting,spring coil binding,and now some primary roller problems,they seem to bind up and stop working,causing binding from there now,but they are all fixable,my LE now is rocking,finally no belt issues,or rpm issues now,and sled is not stock.

Todd...skis on the sled are SLP Mohawks. There's a lot of choices out there for better handling skis for this chassis. I did my research and couldn't be happier with the Mohawk's. They are a very well engineered ski and with a few adjustments handle awesome in all conditions with very little steering effort and have great floatation in deeper snow.

View attachment 128347
They kinda look similar to me powder pros. Are they from SLP?

So the full 4 wheel kit for a RTX(not add on wheels) will allow for the rubber caps?

I want no part of any tri hub, and want the full axle/4 wheels ect.....got a pic or link to RTX kit? Price?

thanks
Dan
yes the RTX kit will come with caps. Go to my site and look at the wheel kit page and listed will be the Stealth kits. You will see the 7.5 kits in the pics.

Thx

yes the RTX kit will come with caps. Go to my site and look at the wheel kit page and listed will be the Stealth kits. You will see the 7.5 kits in the pics.

Thx
Great thanks.....Just wondering what stock RTX(129) Rear wheel size is? Your kit being 7.5" is that same or bigger?

thanks
JT 4 wheel 7.5 kit.jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered my LTX LE in Racing Blue today. Plan to add Pilot skis, J&T Stealth Kit, 1.6 Ice Cobra track, Hygear torsion spring, clutch kit (probably Ulmer), midheight windshield, Powewrmadd Adjustable riser, UPT LINQ adapter plate and stackable fuel caddy and storage bag. Can't wait. Will have all summer to read up on suspension set ups so I can get it close right out of the trailer!

Can anyone tell me why they have such a small gas tank?(8.9 gallons) Has it become an issue on trips. Sometimes finding a gas station can be tricky! Another thing the American Snowmobiler had the sidewinder having the worst fuel mileage of the bunch in there real world test. Do the ecu flash help with fuel mileage?

Thanks

Can anyone tell me why they have such a small gas tank?(8.9 gallons) Has it become an issue on trips. Sometimes finding a gas station can be tricky! Another thing the American Snowmobiler had the sidewinder having the worst fuel mileage of the bunch in there real world test. Do the ecu flash help with fuel mileage?

Thanks
If you read up...you will find guys have said the tank is larger then the specs. I believe its darn close to 10 usg. And it does seem the tuned guys are much closer to 15mpg on normal trail riding. For a much larger HP sled then other brands, that is very good IMO.

Thanks
Worst of the bunch? You need to look at the numbers a little closer. All the numbers were very close and for some reason very low but the 850 Doo which many are claiming to get awesome mileage got 10.65 mpg while the Sidewinder got 10.26 mpg. When I rode my SW I got the same exact mileage as my wife on her Doo 1200 and my buds non turbo 1100 Cat. I would say the SW gets pretty good mileage for a normal sled and fantastic mileage for a sled north of 200 hp.

Back