• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow Flap

RichsApex3573

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex Attak
Every time I back up my snowflap gets caught in the track- I'd like to cut it about half-way up but heard it may make the sled run hotter/overheat. Anyone have experience with this?

This is how I did mine so it stop doing that
image.jpg

I cut the 06 flap at the crease at the bottom. Looks good , doesn't catch as easy and still lots of flap left to keep the sled cool

or you can call Travis at barn of parts and get his snow flap bracket it angels it back more and is stronger then stock got one for a friends 07 and the fit was perfect and came with all the rivets needed to do the job very simple too just have to remove the bumper to do the job (4 bolts) very happy with the product. if not the crease at the botom of the flap is a great place to cut it as it gives you a straight line to use and I ran my gt like that for 2 years with no issues.

GYTRAPEX
Hey it works

I cant zoom in on that pic, looks like just a bungie with a rivet through it? What'd you use for a backer so it doesn't pull through, large washer or something?

Steiner- is the 07 and up a direct replacement or will have to modify at all to fit?

My flap is in pretty rough shape- may just buy 07 style if it bolts right in

I have an 06 with the stock flap. All I did was custom trim the sides (for a skinny look) and cut the bottom a little - and the metal piece under I bent up so the flap is up and away ! Looks good and performs with no over heating !

My 07 snow flap gets sucked under if I'm in deep snow. I plan on getting a new bracket from Travis.

Kevin.

I trimmed both the 2010 Vector LTX and Attak at the line below "Yamaha" this works fine. No issues. Did another 07 Attak and got 10000 miles with it.

GYTRAPEX

I cant zoom in on that pic, looks like just a bungie with a rivet through it? What'd you use for a backer so it doesn't pull through, large washer or something?

Steiner- is the 07 and up a direct replacement or will have to modify at all to fit?

My flap is in pretty rough shape- may just buy 07 style if it bolts right in
I hade a ratchet strap that broke took the strap part and just use that and I put a big washer on the in side so it won't pull throw

Back