• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowflap Options

SayWHATAgain

Website
www.snomads.org
I got my new to me Vector home and tried backing it up in the front yard and caught the snowflap under the track. The snowflap on my SKi Doo is shorter and harder making it almost impossible to get gnarled by the studs.

What options do I have to prevent this? Ive thought about the strap over the bumper option, I just dont care for that though. I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or modifications?

Cut tje flap at the depressed line about 3 inches up from the bottom of the flap. Tried several other things before cutting but eventually the picks will catch it. Cutting works with no ill effects unless your behind the sled on a hole shot.

I'm assuming that you have an older model Vector with the older style snowflap correct? If you do, swap it out for the newer style like on the 08 models. They are more rigid and less susceptible to getting caught in the track.

Cutting your current one shorter will help somewhat. However, I did this previously and found riders behind me didn't appreciate this. Ice chunks, gravel, etc. were being kicked up (sometimes straight up 30 feet) and giving them a bit of a scare when they came down, but it did keep them from following too closely. I put a new style one on and the flying debris subsided.

Thanks guys.

Grimm, I just checked the Yamaha site and see that there is 12 1/2" flap and a 16" flap available. The previous owner had just put a new one on it and its a 16", I just measured it. Ill just stop at my local dealer and pick up a 12 1/2.

Check with Port Yamaha, they are an advertiser/sponsor of this site. They are great to deal with and more than likely cheaper then getting one from your local dealer unless your in real good with your dealer.

Get an 07/08 flap and enjoy. They are much stiffer and better looking too. You'll still run them over in reverse if you're not careful.

Sno-Xr said:
Check with Port Yamaha, they are an advertiser/sponsor of this site. They are great to deal with and more than likely cheaper then getting one from your local dealer unless your in real good with your dealer.

The best way to get in with your dealer is to spend money there. Keep looking for the best deals online and you'll always be treated like an outsider.

My 2006 Apex GT came with the "older" style snow flap. When my son picked up his new 2007 Apex RTX, I really liked the looks of the "newer" style, so I replaced mine. Looks like a 2007, now.
Best advice....still dont be behind one, on a hole shot!

does anyone have a part # for the new style in red. Maxdlx

Back