• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowmobiling in CO....

IFlyEm

Expert
I am looking to move to Denver and wondered what the sledding was like. Are there a lot of groomed trails or is it mostly off trail riding? Do you need a long track or can you use a shorty? Any input would be appreciated.

There are trails, but they are just used to get to the good stuff. Long tracks are what most everyone rides out here, you will see an occasional short track, but they are few and far between.

tk

You need to buy my Vector or Boosted Apex to play in the mtns here :)

If ya come sell your shorty before you get here. Not much of a market for short tracks.

I'd be happy to show ya around.

We went (6 flatlanders) out to Towgotee, WY in 03 for our first trip out west. We rented RMKs and strictly went out to ride back country (guided). It was an amazing experience. More snow than any of us has ever seen. Woke up one morning to 4 FEET of new snow! Riding back country is like learning a new sport. It challenges you physically and mentally more than I thought it would. An incredible experience to say the least.

All that said, being a trail rider at heart, the one thing all of us said is. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MY TRAIL SLED HERE! The trails were flatter than anything you will see in the midwest and the scenery is amazing. It would have been nice to ride the trails more than what we did and about half the group would have actually preferred we strictly rode them. The one warning I would give though is the weather change change in an instant in the mountains and produce stoms you are not used to seeing or dealing with. A short track in a big snow storm out west would be a massive challenge.

Back