• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So I heard "It's a done deal " Yamaha owns AC sleds

Well hypothetically speaking, if Yamaha were to buy AC and change the name to Yamaha sleds. Does that void the ruling since they are no longer AC. Maybe the legal experts can chime in on this one.
Makes no sense !Yamaha or anyone else can't us the pyramid chassis .

Not sure if the Cat guy's would even swing a leg over a new Yammie, Cat guy's are pretty brand loyal.
Maybe they should get a real cat then with a cat motor

Makes no sense !Yamaha or anyone else can't us the pyramid chassis .
I believe it was just a part in the suspension between 2008 and 2014

Yamaha just needs to get off their lazy butts and build their own sled. They don't need anyone. They are a billion dollar business. Even if they just break even and do not make a profit, its still a great way to advertise Yamaha's engine reliability, engineering achievement, fit and finish, and at the same time keeping the Yamaha name alive. My Apex engine (R1 Sport bike engine) is absolutely bullet proof. I have had it since 2013 and not 1 thing has ever gone wrong. The rest of the fit and finish on my Apex is top motorcycle quality. Because of the experience I have had with my Apex, I would buy a Yamaha 4 wheeler, side by side, dirt bike, motorcycle etc in a heart beat. Just because they don't make a profit on a Japanese constructed snowmobile doesn't mean its hurting the company. I am 100% convinced of Yamaha quality etc because of my Apex. Glad I never bought Viper. Combining with CAT just hurts their reputation in my opinion and makes them look lazy and that that they don't care. They might have made a profit off of viper but at what cost to their reputation?

Yamaha just needs to get off their lazy butts and build their own sled. They don't need anyone. They are a billion dollar business. Even if they just break even and do not make a profit, its still a great way to advertise Yamaha's engine reliability, engineering achievement, fit and finish, and at the same time keeping the Yamaha name alive. My Apex engine (R1 Sport bike engine) is absolutely bullet proof. I have had it since 2013 and not 1 thing has ever gone wrong. The rest of the fit and finish on my Apex is top motorcycle quality. Because of the experience I have had with my Apex, I would buy a Yamaha 4 wheeler, side by side, dirt bike, motorcycle etc in a heart beat. Just because they don't make a profit on a Japanese constructed snowmobile doesn't mean its hurting the company. I am 100% convinced of Yamaha quality etc because of my Apex. Glad I never bought Viper. Combining with CAT just hurts their reputation in my opinion and makes them look lazy and that that they don't care. They might have made a profit off of viper but at what cost to their reputation?
I don’t disagree with wanting a pure Yamaha snowmobile but Yamaha and Textron are tied together at the hip. We get blue ACs thru Yamaha dealers and that’s the way it has been and will be for the near and distance future. When customers stop buying those models Yamaha will come to a crossroads which probably will be to close out of snowmobiles so the current partnership is better than nothing for sure!

If they were capable of building a good sled they wouldn't have been in the predicament that they were before the sharing with Cat.

I agree 100%, but there seems to be alot of buyers of the blue Cats now thinking there riding a Yamaha, only the engine is Yamaha, will be really interesting now that Yamaha is offering a mountain version 2 stroke which is pure Cat, I wonder if Yamaha can fool its customers again.

I don’t disagree with wanting a pure Yamaha snowmobile but Yamaha and Textron are tied together at the hip. We get blue ACs thru Yamaha dealers and that’s the way it has been and will be for the near and distance future. When customers stop buying those models Yamaha will come to a crossroads which probably will be to close out of snowmobiles so the current partnership is better than nothing for sure!
Yamaha have been just a motor dealer for many years now to Cat. They dont build snowmobiles,just motors and stickers. So they are out of the game,has been for many years. The dealers and Yamaha is fooling buyers when they stand there and sells the YamaCat and are saying its a Yamaha. And now they are realy fooling the customers and saying the 100% Articcat 2-stroke mountain machine is a Yamahahahaha

Yamaha have been just a motor dealer for many years now to Cat. They dont build snowmobiles,just motors and stickers. So they are out of the game,has been for many years. The dealers and Yamaha is fooling buyers when they stand there and sells the YamaCat and are saying its a Yamaha. And now they are realy fooling the customers and saying the 100% Articcat 2-stroke mountain machine is a Yamahahahaha
I mean come on Yamaha, at least build the freaking 2 stroke motor that is in the mountain. Talk about a Scam!!!

I mean come on Yamaha, at least build the freaking 2 stroke motor that is in the mountain. Talk about a Scam!!!

They know your average Joe has no clue, thinks he’s getting a Yamaha. Just running the name into the ground for profit.

Back