• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So I heard "It's a done deal " Yamaha owns AC sleds

Yes Suzuki was Artic Cats engine supplier up until 2014 when the 7000 had a Yamaha engine,vipers twin brother.Then in 2017 ,Cats 9000 was sidewinders twin brother. 2014 Cat built their own 600 two stroke,and 2018 they built their own 800 engine. That was the end of Suzuki motors for Cat. Suzuki built some fine motors for Cat throughout the years.

Suzuki? I must be missing something, I didn't know Suzuki put engines into sleds...then again I was surprised to see a Tahatsu outboard engine today when returning from a tuna fishing trip. Competition creates innovation and sometimes lower prices...all good!!Joe

I believe Arctic Cat first used Susuki engines in 1976.
They also used Kawasaki, Hirth, JLO, Sachs to name a few and also Spirit which was a Cat/Suzuki team effort.

thanks Steve for the history of Cat engines. I've always liked Yamaha because of the reliability and had no interest in other sleds. My brother had some Indy's and a 2up Venture 2 stroke, so I always got the Venture to ride. Then I rode 4 stroke Ventures that a buddy had...he has a fleet of them as he does guided snowmobile tours in Maine. In the past 2 years I bought a 2016 RS TF VENTURE that I quickly got rid of and got the 2up Sidewinder which I really love. So I've been pretty much a Yamaha fan and knowing about other machines hasn't mattered but its nice to know a bit more about all aspects of the sport history and manufacturers. Joe

Back