• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SO WHAT TUNNEL BAG IS BETTER?

The expandable tunnel bag is nice.holds quite a bit of gear.just depends on what you want it for.day trips.?overnighter?personal choice I guess.i have the expandable and windshield bag and that is all I need.

I believe the SMA-8LY63-00-BK is the updated version of the expandable bag, the SMA-8JP63-00-00 is the original. I just got the SMA-8LY63-00-BK and it has a big heavy duty wear patch where the seat latch rubs, 106$ from Port Yamaha.

Wish they would have made them water proof. Everything gets soaked in there. If temps are not super frigid.

Agree that the expandable bag is the way to go. I can fit 3 to go boxes in it. I do like the net idea as stuff does bounce around.

Wish they would have made them water proof. Everything gets soaked in there. If temps are not super frigid.
I find the small ziplock "space saver" bags are a perfect fit in the tunnel pack, 3 pack is about 10$

I have a small factory bag on my STX that also accommodates small saddlebags when I put them on. It would still be nice to have extra space so I ordered a set of LinQ mounts for the Doo gear which I am waiting to get. Their stuff seems a lot better thought out. I already have a fuel caddy for it and might pick up their 21 litre bag as well. An option you may want to consider. The mounts I ordered were $100. Leaves it open for a lot more options. I will post picks when I get it all setup

I believe the SMA-8LY63-00-BK is the updated version of the expandable bag, the SMA-8JP63-00-00 is the original. I just got the SMA-8LY63-00-BK and it has a big heavy duty wear patch where the seat latch rubs, 106$ from Port Yamaha.
Just picked up mine today. The dealer said if you sell the sled, and want to keep the bag, remove the riveted dowel pins as they can't be bought separately. Getting up my nerve to drill the tunnel.

Just picked up mine today. The dealer said if you sell the sled, and want to keep the bag, remove the riveted dowel pins as they can't be bought separately. Getting up my nerve to drill the tunnel.
What Bag did you get?

On my XTX I just drilled out an existing rivet and installed the bobbins

SMA-8LY63-00-BK
SMA-8LY63-00-BK
All installed and here are a few pictures. Expanded and regular. I also modified the seat latch. I rounded off the corners and took a piece of tubing, slit it lengthwise and covered the metal edge. Held on with zip ties. Should stop tearing the bag but the bag does have a heavy patch in that area too. Sorry it's a bit fuzzy.

Attachments

• P1050126a.jpg
    P1050126a.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 631
  • P1050134a.jpg
    P1050134a.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 467
  • P1050132a.jpg
    P1050132a.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 358

Back