• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speedometer accuracy?? on 2009 Apex?? UPDATE VS GPS

Typo on the 09 speed sensor. Should be 8gk-83755-10-00

Now, the question is are they interchangeable and can we put one on the older sleds for more accurate speedo and still have accurate odometer?

I notice they both use the same gear or "joint" as it is called on the fiche.

With one tooth ground off on mine, dreameter read 109 while GPS said 105 the other night.

Shootinstick said:
Typo on the 09 speed sensor. Should be 8gk-83755-10-00

Now, the question is are they interchangeable and can we put one on the older sleds for more accurate speedo and still have accurate odometer?

I notice they both use the same gear or "joint" as it is called on the fiche.

With one tooth ground off on mine, dreameter read 109 while GPS said 105 the other night.

Good question, someone could try...
but mine is spot on...in 2009, and in 2006, my ATTAK was WAY off..

:exc:

Since the odometer and the speedometer both use the same signal, and the odometer is accurate on the older sleds, I would think that changing the signal generator couldn't fix the speedometer without also throwing off the odometer.

It would seem that something internal to the instrument cluster is purposely designed for this result on the older sleds. I am still interested however on what the difference is on the new signal generator p/n?

If the speedo is so far out, and there is a fix for it, should this not be a warranty issue?? Essentially the speedo does not work properly. I just cannot see Yamaha warrantying this though.

This makes sense to me. When I first got my 07 RTX I could pull 124 on the dream-o-meter constantly and I was always incuring more miles that my buddies rev when we would go the same distance. At the tail end of last season my jack shaft bearing went taking out my speed sensor. My dealer replaced it under warranty and now I have only been able to pull 113 on the dream-o-meter. I thought maybe I have lost 10 MPH because of my cobra track. But recently I went riding with my buddy and his rev and we went 200 miles and were within 2 miles of each other. I guess I will find out when I make a lake run against my dad's 07 Attak GT. Last season I could creep by him on top end. We will have to see what happens now.

number1kyster said:
This makes sense to me. When I first got my 07 RTX I could pull 124 on the dream-o-meter constantly and I was always incuring more miles that my buddies rev when we would go the same distance. At the tail end of last season my jack shaft bearing went taking out my speed sensor. My dealer replaced it under warranty and now I have only been able to pull 113 on the dream-o-meter. I thought maybe I have lost 10 MPH because of my cobra track. But recently I went riding with my buddy and his rev and we went 200 miles and were within 2 miles of each other. I guess I will find out when I make a lake run against my dad's 07 Attak GT. Last season I could creep by him on top end. We will have to see what happens now.
Interesting.........Does this mean I really don't get 17 MPG's?

number1kyster said:

Keep us posted on the run against the Attack. I have not had the conditions so far to see any good top end numbers, but I'm not sure if I lost top end or not with my Cobra. The most I have seen was a 106 on a good road, but I did not hold near long enough. Maybe 1/4mile..

Back