• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

speedometer says 0

snow scooter

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 yamaha rs venture gt
just purchased a 2009 venture gt speedo stays at 0 bearing is good and speed sensor looks fine i had a bunch of stuff apart checking wires and making sure things are plugged in before i checked it over i had no codes now i have code 42 and code 84

Speedo sensor is junk. Replace it and TORS code 84 will go away after replacement.

They go hand in hand. If the ecm doesn't see a speed readout after a certain rpm is reached, it'll throw TORS on for "safety"

that's what i was maybe thinking of getting a sensor i can see pieces of belt in the area and a new belt on it maybe the belt came apart and hit the sensor possibly
even with both codes flashing it still runs and drives fine

that's what i was maybe thinking of getting a sensor i can see pieces of belt in the area and a new belt on it maybe the belt came apart and hit the sensor possibly
even with both codes flashing it still runs and drives fine

It will, until you'd let off the throttle and try to go again. Then TORS will kick in and it won't move.

I had a sensor croak once on my Nytro. I bypassed TORS and rode with no speedo for a week til new sensor arrived. That was middle of the season and wasn't gonna miss out on any riding.

I had the same thing as what catman says on a brand new 2012 Vector. Same codes.
It would still go if you feathered the throttle down but if you let right off you had to come to a complete stop and start again.
It was kinda dangerous on some fast trails in Michigan when you let right off in a corner.
Took the dealer a few tries to figure it out.

usually gets bypassed down by the throttle bodies/carbs. where the throttle cable mounts there, there are 2 wires. just unplug them and plug them together.

used it for about half a tank with the codes blinking at me and no speedo lol new sensor came in yesterday and now is good as new ;)!

Back