• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Squeaking Front end ???

Spray everything that moves on front end.
Dang it! That's what I have been doing all along. Only lasts for part of the next ride. Was hoping if I identified the spot, I wouldn't waste so much stuff! Lol. (And just maybe it was an area I overlooked)

Dang it! That's what I have been doing all along. Only lasts for part of the next ride. Was hoping if I identified the spot, I wouldn't waste so much stuff! Lol. (And just maybe it was an area I overlooked)
Well then maybe my Amsoil MP or Maxima Chain lube are the ticket. My squeaks don't seem to come back for a good 1000mi or so. For me its always the swaybar links that are the main culprit.

X2 on the chain lube. It seems to last longer for me.

image.jpg
Anyone figure out a solution to the squeaky front end?

I've been using the fluid film on every front end joint that I can find. It will help, but usually by the end of my trip the squeak comes back. I just repeat it frequently. Wish there was a permanent resolution.

X3 on chain lube, used bicycle shop all
weather chain lube. Found mine to was
sway bar mounting points as well.

I had the rubber boot squeaking until I lubed the tie rods themselves it stopp hasn’t returned so far, just lucky I guess.

Last edited:

Back