• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr viper/procross chassis

09nytro

TY 4 Stroke God
Been looking all over the ArcticChat and can't find anything about the chassis of the pro cross falling apart....just belts and chain cases so if Yamaha fixes this stuff then I don't really see any first year problems like Yamaha always have ;)!
Most are saying to change the skis and a few are running 5.7 ski doo ...but if you ride Yamaha you are use too this by now ...I'm sure there are other things to get it the way you would like it...but I don't see anything on chassis falling apart ;)!

Or anything on electricals failing or having problems......I will keep looking and searching ;)!

i've seen welds in the front end come apart in the wild....

I'm sorry but you guys are all kidding yourself if you think the Quality will be the same as what your use to coming out of Japan...

Will it be better than the 2013 Cat's YES i'm sure.....but to the same as Yamaha Japan...not a chance

hmmmm I kinda think that Yamaha's reputation is on the line here with this little yamacat.... If they can prove us all wrong and refine some weak point on the cat chassis and bang out a Yamaha quality sled them I can see alot of ppl jumping ship in the next few years, how ever if they dont well they will have a long road a head of them..... With the production viper I expect NOTHING less than apex and nytro quality since that is what yamaha has always givin me and based their reputation on. And that is a major reason why I have owned alot of yamahah machines!
I cant wait to see what the finalproduct looks like in the show room not all these prototypes or first run sleds.
:yam:

Your killing me with the quality thing :jump:
My upper a-arm bolt fell out the first two weeks I had it...lost it at about 60mph sled went flipping , they replaced everything subframe ,upper
And lower a-arms , the tunnel,one front shock and both rails.....so they all have Quality problems ,,,,,O and the spindle broke just last year going down the trail at the ski bolt......

It was whooped out so sled went one way and me the other....was very black and blue other than that didn't brake any bones so that was good ;)!

News flash?? I think not. The Nytro has problems as well. Everyone on here is well aware of the sub frame, spindles, front track shock, limiter straps, hand warmers, sliders, relays, ski's, chaincase drive shaft bolt, these are just to name a few. Some people need to take their heads out of their :moon:.
I could have bought two sleds for the money I have sunk into my Nytro. But like a loyal Yamaha rider/owner I have stuck with them. The motor is the most solid/reliable on the market along with the clutches.
I have rode the new cats with the Pro Cross with not one modification and it outperforms the Nytro hands down. As for the fit and finish, quality concerns that multiple people have. Yamaha is a very quality oriented company and I for one believe that they will not disappoint buyers with the final product.
If people have such a concern, dont buy one, quit speculating and wait till there are actually a few miles put on the actual units. For all that the bashers know this may be the best unit that Yamaha has put their name on, even if they did not design the chassis. Snow Cross results never lie and if I am not mistaken, the name Arctic Cat is usually at the top.
M2C

any crash you can walk away from is a good crash and can be put into the good story section over a few beers before you seize up

Mounty: I am snow checking a viper there are just a few on here that are putting the viper down and how the chassis are junk......I really liked the viper myself....giving up on the nytro...I will let someone else get it the rest of the way.....every year the wife gets pissed because I put more money to it :jump: :jump:

My 2009 Nytro XTX, Limited Staps, 2 idler wheels, crappy hand warmers and a new battery in 4 years and 9,000km!!! the rest is original . front end is all original with no mods

2011 Apex, 3 wheels, new track 13,000km

My 2005 F7...too many problems to list

my son's Kitty Cat... always working at it...

Yamaha's are NOT perfect, BUT I'll tell ya they are the LEAST likely to be on the back end of a tow rope...

I dont think i can post what my wife says every time i sink more money into mine!

Daranello:My 2009 Nytro XTX, Limited Staps, 2 idler wheels, crappy hand warmers and a new battery in 4 years and 9,000km!!! the rest is original . front end is all original with no mods

So you are trying to tell me that your front end is not slopping all over the place due to shot bushings, with 9000km............ You must of bought one of the special ones!! Or run it on a jack stand all the time.

Hmmm mine i am sure will get pounded out here soon but as my link shows nothing really stays on the machine long enough to get broken
:Rockon:

MOUNTY said:
Daranello:My 2009 Nytro XTX, Limited Staps, 2 idler wheels, crappy hand warmers and a new battery in 4 years and 9,000km!!! the rest is original . front end is all original with no mods

So you are trying to tell me that your front end is not slopping all over the place due to shot bushings, with 9000km............ You must of bought one of the special ones!! Or run it on a jack stand all the time.

Well I sold it at 6,000km and It was fine and tight ,then haven't rode it since, the new owner is pushing 10,000km and I know he didn't do I think to it since...but I can't comment if the front end is loose.

Please keep in mind that in Northern ontario our ave riding speed is much higher than riders south of us...not uncommen to run 50km strait on a lake without turning or hitting hard bumps....What I'm trying to say is my old Nytro may have less hours on it at 10,000km as someone in the south with 5000km...

Back