• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stage 6 vs mod stock vs big turbo

I would be interested in what hoops you have to jump through to get it to hook up on a trail. Thats potentially a lot of HP.

How does having the head ported compaired to the other 3 options in the title?

How does having the head ported compaired to the other 3 options in the title?

A ported head on a stock turbo won't do much, since you're already air flow restricted by the turbo.

Sticking with stock turbo now!!! I've just been accused of running a modstock... My blood is boiling. Next year when I kick everyone's #*$&@ they can tear my sled down. Rant over.

Sticking with stock turbo now!!! I've just been accused of running a modstock... My blood is boiling. Next year when I kick everyone's #*$&@ they can tear my sled down. Rant over...
i wouldnt let this boil your blood , when your the fastest one out there u will always be accused of cheating , the accusor is a loser , i for one enjoy all your posts , keep up the good work , and move forward with your goals to go faster .

DMC.... back in the day, i had a 136.5 mph trail sled thunder cat...1500', you will always get accused of something... my sled had 8"whell kit and would roll away if left on an incline!! it was all in the chassy and making it roll easy.

i really enjoy your posts as you have exactly same build as mine with exception i have storm track and only got just into 130's, but i ride in northern quebec most weekends and love the traction and braking!!! i have a 1" with triggers to go in... will do for next year because if i can get Mike and Ben to do the chassy dyno, i can put in after it comes off dyno.

Stage 6 is a waste of time and money unless you are competing in a class which requires stock turbo.

a mod stock isn’t super pricy, but won’t give you much on pump fuel.

Big turbo will make big power for a big amount of money. And then you end up with a big amount of problems, especially if you wanna push it and run 35+psi.

The mcx stage 3 kit is pretty good bang for your buck as well . 340 horse and seems to be bang on reliability wise . Kit will run 340 on stock header and even more with the new header. I did a full stage 4 kit last year and lemme tell ya it’s hauls the mail ! I planning to do a few more upgrades to it this summer and get some dyno time booked and hopes are to be knocking on the door of 500 hp or alittle more

At 500 hp you’ll be creating a door in he block if the stars are not aligned. Lol

Anyone know what limit is on crank itself?
Packard performance claims they have made 800 at the crank on their in house dyno YXZ sxs I’m unsure if it is the stock crank or not but on their website their stage 3 engine build mentions nothing of an aftermarket crank . Brian crower however does make a 4340 stroker kit crank as well as 4340 stock stroke crank so it can be upgraded if needed . I’m debating ordering their stroker kit for next season

Back