• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Start issue temporarily resolved

spr5088

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
03 rx1
left my 03rx1 outside overnight after riding all day.. Temps got down to -20 degrees and when I went to start it the next day, the starter wouldn't even engage. It acted as if the battery wasn't even connected. Attempted to jump start it- same result. Checked all cables and everything was snug.
Then, I used the red jumper cable outlet from the relay near the battery and connected it to the starter directly to bypass the relay. This immediately activated the starter and the sled started fine, and from that point on, I was able to start it with the key.
Is this a common issue or is there something wrong and do I need to replace something? Never had his problem before in the 1.5 years I've had the machine.

sounds like there is moisture in the starter solenoid. you will need a new one at some point as it will not work at all and remain stuck.

Back