• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starting Sleds in the Summer?

NLViper

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 FX Nytro RTX
2010 RS Venture TF
2014 PRO RMK Assault 800
I have my FX NYtro RTX and SX Viper stored in my trailer for the summer and now I need to use my trailer.

Is it ok to start my selds and run them off? I did not fog down either sled only fuel stab in the gas and greased all the grease points, and rust checked all metal.

I start my RX1 and 700sx the 1st of every month. It's either that or the possibility that I will have to clean the pilot jets in the fall. Besides, it's fun to hear them run once in awhile.

Run them long enough to bring them up to temperature to burn off any condensation that will form in the engine.

Thanks for the info guys.

Attachments

• 3-5-09 7.jpg
    3-5-09 7.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 55
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 54
I started mine, ran it just up to where teh temp light comes on (I have a water temp gauge) and just before it comes on I shut it off, then start once or twice more to get teh hot coolant in the engine circulated into the exchangers. Takes a while of running though to get that warm.

Love hearing her in the summer! Wish there was like a 'fun' grass drags where you coudl just run what you got, add some wheels to the skis and go, leave the track, studs, etc all un touched and just have fun with it!

Back