• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stator reviews

bearhead

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
yamaha venture rs
I need to buy a new stator for my 05 venture RS does anyone have any reviews on SPI stators.

I strongly recommend using an OEM stator from Yamaha. Replacing it is a fairly involved job and a huge hassle and extra expense to do multiple times, even if you do it yourself as you will be changing some oil and stator cover gasket each time. I used an RM stator and it lasted around 100 miles before it burned itself up and I got to do the job again. I have about 1500 miles now on the new OEM stator and it's flawless. (just my opinion though....if I can save anyone some riding time, I'll be happy. This issue cost me use of the sled for several trips last year)

I strongly recommend using an OEM stator from Yamaha. Replacing it is a fairly involved job and a huge hassle and extra expense to do multiple times, even if you do it yourself as you will be changing some oil and stator cover gasket each time. I used an RM stator and it lasted around 100 miles before it burned itself up and I got to do the job again. I have about 1500 miles now on the new OEM stator and it's flawless. (just my opinion though....if I can save anyone some riding time, I'll be happy. This issue cost me use of the sled for several trips last year)
Thanks for the input think will buy OEM ,it is a big job and don,t want to do it again anytime soon. thanks again

Thanks for the input think will buy OEM ,it is a big job and don,t want to do it again anytime soon. thanks again
Good choice bearhead. I know it's a tough pill to swallow being the OEM is hundreds more than Chinese wannabe stators but for some critical parts OEM is way to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I Just put a RMStators in my Viper, it’s not a bad job on the Viper so I took a chance and so far so good with 400 miles on it. Charges a full 14.4v+ at idle with everything on High, the stock one only did ~13.5v at idle and got damaged by a starter gear failure. Less than half the price and IF it goes bad it’s easy to change on my sled, deltabox not so much.

Back