• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steering slop

2BLUE4U

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Just over 500 miles on my viper and my steering is very sloppy. Took rubber boots loose but have no idea where to start....everything looks very difficult to get to. Any ideas where to start to tighten things up?

Just start looking at each joint and see if it needs tightening , I have 1200 Kms on my sled and steering is solid.

2BLUE4U I hear where you are coming from. My bars have 2 inches of play each way with 800 miles on the machine. Hopefully this isn't considered normal wear and tear and can be covered under warranty. It's kind of sad when my 14 year old ski-doo with 11000 km has half the play in it's steering as my Viper.

Pretty weird that you guys are having this problem, I have 2000 miles and mine is tight as I got it with no slop. Sorry to hear some people are having these problems.? I just don't get it. I have had zero problems at all with my Viper. None

apexgt40 said:
Your's was built when the boss was walking the production line!

Ours must have been that way, cause dam. I don't get it. I'll take it though!

I guess we are the lucky ones! But that's how it should be for everybody that has a Viper! I feel bad for the people that are having problems! Hope everyone gets taken care of! But I'm very happy! I said that while I was knocking on wood! :-o

When we bought the Viper for the girlfriend I made her go out and pick the one she wanted in the crate....lol....guess she picked right as ours has NO problems.

Cant always believe everything you read either. Sometimes think people just want to start sh#t.

yami1 said:
Cant always believe everything you read either. Sometimes think people just want to start sh#t.

LOL...very true

My viper with only 40 miles on it has slop up in the top steering block hopefully dealer will replace but I have used OFT steering blocks on my phaser and apex wonder if this is a one of or a case of plastic bushing where a machined aluminum one should be. Can't believe how well this sled rides can't wait until Saturday to get a real good run.

There is a post below that talks about a loose nut on the steering arm. Might check that. So far steering on mine is still tight after 700 miles.

09nytro said:
YamahaTim said:
apexgt40 said:
Your's was built when the boss was walking the production line!

Ours must have been that way, cause dam. I don't get it. I'll take it though!
I hear ya Tim , I haven't had a problem at all with mine either .

And you would never admit it if you did! Then you'd bash a Nytro!

Back