• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Storage options on the Nytro XTX?

HeyBrownDog

Extreme
RS Rage is pretty much sold, and a new Nytro XTX will be in the garage soon. So many things to look forward to with the XTX ove the Rage, but one thing that concerns me is the lack of storage for various emergency items, and your typical crap.

What storage options seem to work best for the XTX?

On my Rage, I had a windshield bag, as well as under the hood storage under for the manual, plugs, jumper cables, and tow strap. Anything I wanted to access quickly or often went in the windshield bag. ie: GPS.

Thinking about adding a tunnel bag (if possible due to the exhaust), or another windshield bag. (if they make them)

Curious what people have used, and feel works on the XTX.

What my buddy did was put a clip on his clutch guard for his belt and moved his jumper cables ect into his nose bag...I'm going to do this with mine. I also bought a set of Yamaha saddle bags for the long trips...might also look for a handle bar bag and a windshield bag.

002-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

I think the best looking/most space is going to be the skinz protective gear seat with a tunnel dump exhaust. It opens up a lot of space back their. Have the rest of the tunnel where the stock exhaust went along with underneath the seat. You could get a bag go under their and create even more space. I am going with the seat and tunnel dump exhaust to create enough room for my wheelchair, along with the space underneath the seat. I may be using this space for my meth kit but to me thats space well taken. i dont have the seat or I would post so pics (sorry). If you do a search a guy has one one here.

Maine-Rider said:
radianguy, what kind of saddlebags are those? How do you like them? They look really good on the sled.

Sorry that is the Yamaha sport combination bag. Fits great and packs alot of gear, love them! I was originally just going to use them for longer rides but once I had them on and filled with a few essentials(axe, small first aid kit, jumper cables, folding saw, marker tape, tow strap, shovel...) I figured I`d just leave it on. Don`t even notice they are on the machine when riding.

I put the manual, plugs, spare belt and tools up in the nose bag (plenty of room) then have the OEM tank bag with map pocket. The map pocket's of limited use because of it's shape (very small opening) but otherwise the bag stores plenty of stuff, doesn't impead riding position and is VERY easy to quickly put on and take off.

Stay's in place with zero movement or slop as well - which is a must.

Everything else like shovel, saw's, hatchet, ice picks and other "turn-out" survival gear resides in the backpack. Which after you get used to riding with it's like it's not even there.

Well that's what I do anyway. . . .

radianguy said:
Maine-Rider said:
radianguy, what kind of saddlebags are those? How do you like them? They look really good on the sled.

Sorry that is the Yamaha sport combination bag. Fits great and packs alot of gear, love them! I was originally just going to use them for longer rides but once I had them on and filled with a few essentials(axe, small first aid kit, jumper cables, folding saw, marker tape, tow strap, shovel...) I figured I`d just leave it on. Don`t even notice they are on the machine when riding.

Thanks. Is the bag waterproof?

Maine-Rider said:
radianguy said:
Maine-Rider said:

Thanks. Is the bag waterproof?
I`m not sure, but I didn`t have anything get wet last winter. Come to think of it I think it has a vinyl or rubber lining inside.

Here's the tank bag - loop on top fits over the gas cap and the straps on either side route down under and around each horizontal footwell bar to come back to snap and cinch to themselves.

Holds plenty of stuff for just being a tank bag - secures solidly and doesn't impeed riding movement standing or sitting.

Only drawback is the size of the opening to the map pocket window as since it's located on the "pointed" end of the bag and therefore smaller than the width of the entire bag you can only get a section of map into the pocket that fit's the opening - which is about 2/3rd's of the actual full map pocket viewing window.
:o|

Attachments

• tank bag 1.jpg
    tank bag 1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 222
  • tank bag 2.jpg
    tank bag 2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 182
ok...I can see what your talking about now with the pictures. Yamaha website doesn't really show you the side view. Does look like it could hold a bunch of stuff. Might have to grab one of those for longer trips.

Thanks! ;)!

Back