• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Storage options on the Nytro XTX?

The bigger Questions is why do u guys carry, jumpers, spark plugs and a manual??

Do you guys carry spark plugs for your car?? And batt just don't go dead while your out riding...and what's the manual going to say (besides codes that u photocopy and carry)

For me it's about being prepared. On my Rage, being a non-fuel injected sled, I've seen idiots foul plugs. Me...never changed one in the field. Matter of fact, I think I simply kept mine shrink wrapped and stored under the hood never to be used in the 5 years I owned the sled. Same with the jumper cables, which I do keep a set in the truck as it's a late model Tahoe. Never used them, but better to have them and not need them than to need them and to not have them. Same thing my firearms instructor once said about keeping a gun in the house. :)

Manual on the hand, I did use once on while riding. The TORS system acted up, and was cutting out the motor on top of the Tug Hill. No cell phone service up there. I had to literally bypass the wires on the side of the trails.

I keep the tow rope around for my Ski Doo buddies. Not joking....I towed brand new Doo's twice last year unfortunately. Talk about a kick in the nuts for those guys getting towed by what they often refer to is "jap crap."

As far as the extra storage, sometimes I like to pack an lighter pair of gloves, an extra bacalava (sweaty bastard I know), place to store the GPS, or anything else I keep on myself. Or...how about a place to put a baseball hat that you wear into a bar stopping for lunch or something. Many a times I roll out of bed, and shower after I ride. The Mrs. can't stand the smell of two-smoke oil that many of my friends ride.

Thanks for all the suggestion guys....especially the backpack ideas. Now I have something to throw on Santa's Christmas list. Come to think of it, most of the crap on that list is accessories for the new sled. :rocks:

Daranello said:
The bigger Questions is why do u guys carry, jumpers, spark plugs and a manual??

Do you guys carry spark plugs for your car?? And batt just don't go dead while your out riding...and what's the manual going to say (besides codes that u photocopy and carry)

Last winter I saw two people who needed a boost...one T660 with a frozen battery which we thawed out and then boosted and a Nytro that was running one of the smaller batteries to save weight...all happened on -40 ish mornings. When you spend any time at camps in the woods the cables are a good idea...

Daranello said:

You've never had a battery die all of a sudden, it happens! The reason I take all the gear with me is because there are no service stations or roadside assistance in the woods. I want to be prepared for anything, you should too!

Does anyone know if the Choko clutch cover bag might fit on this machine? I know guys have done the belt clip mod....wondering if there is enough room? Kinda a neat product.

This way, the belt store around this bag while utilizing some extra storage space. I'm thinking it's gonna be tight...really tight. :o|

Attachments

• Choko Bag.jpg
    Choko Bag.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 124
I got the same bag as radianguy. Just mounted the rear straps a little different.
I put rubber groumets in the 2 square holes in the tunnel extension, and ran the strap around the tunnel protectors. I also kept the bag further back on the seat. The rear of the bag is even with the plastic around the exhaust.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Attachments

• xtx10.jpg
    xtx10.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 136
  • xtx9.jpg
    xtx9.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 139
SnoWarrior said:
I got the same bag as radianguy. Just mounted the rear straps a little different.
I put rubber groumets in the 2 square holes in the tunnel extension, and ran the strap around the tunnel protectors. I also kept the bag further back on the seat. The rear of the bag is even with the plastic around the exhaust.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:
Nice setup, I originally had my saddlebag mounted further back like yours but once I started putting stuff in it and it took shape I noticed it was a liitle more forward than I wanted. Worked out good though, is far enough back that it doesn't get in the way, and when I want to cruise I sit back and the bag acts as a mini backrest,lol.

Back