• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stud Boy Dueces

Frosty I'm sure that the bars will not out over the sides of the keel. They are probably about an inch wide, tops.

Frostbite said:
Do you guys think they'd fit on the the very narrow deep keel of the Apex mountain skis?
I want to try a set badly but don't want them hanging out over the sides of the keel of the ski too far.

How wide are stud Boy Deuce bars for Apex skis?

Frosty

I have them on the mountain skis, and they work great. They don't hang off the sides at all.

I use the 4.5 with no studs. I do not stud anymore. We buy from our dealer who gives us 15% off everything.

I went to www.hiperf.com and checked them out. Now I understand why there is a difference. I bought 2 sets. $51.95 a runner for 4.5" and no shipping charges on orders over $100.00. I think one of the best things about these runners is they won't cause you to go over the bars when crossing RR track like Ive seen the woody's do. Can't wait to try them out

Read this thread last year and fired a set of 4.5" Deuces on the Apex GT this season. Have well over 2,000 miles on em. Wearing well.

96, 1.325 Megabytes, Front springs just loaded enough to stop them from rattleing, transfer rod on 3/4 . 3/8" shim under rear ski rubber on stock ski's is my set up.

These are money well spent. No darting even when off the throttle, no push, easy to steer.

I have never had Pilots on a Yammie but a way better set up than Pilots on a Doo XP. Rode both same day as buddy has a new XP 800. Pilots were out of control in Crust and heavy steering on groomed trails compared to the Apex with the above noted set up.

Riceburner said:
Read this thread last year and fired a set of 4.5" Deuces on the Apex GT this season. Have well over 2,00 miles on em. Wearing well.

96, 1.325 Megabytes, Front springs just loaded enough to stop them from rattleing, transfer rod on 3/4 . 3/8" shim under rear ski rubber on stock ski's is my set up.

These are money well spent. No darting even when off the throttle, no push, easy to steer.

I have never had Pilots on a Yammie but a way better set up than Pilots on a Doo XP. Rode both same day as buddy has a new XP 800. Pilots were out of control in Crust and heavy steering on groomed trails compared to the Apex with the above noted set up.

I tollled U so lucy.................. :jump: MM. Mine have been great... My riding buds and my wifes sled now uses them.. MM.

I'm new to the Yamaha sled thing (I'm a Polaris guy) and my new-to-me '06 Apex ER darted pretty badly. I'm used to a bit of darting and don't mind a little, but this thing was very noticable. As per TY recommendations I shimmed my skis and installed a set of Dueces. Now the sled is a completely different machine! No darting, moderate steering effort and no understeer like you get with Dooly's. I'm very happy indeed. This site rocks!

I have Dooly’s and Dueces’s both on Ventures both are shimmed Dueces’s by far.

Buddy has Dueces on SE with stock Yamaha single keel skis. I was riding behind him and could have passed him on the right with my Aggressive Snow Trackers on 2012 XTX with stock single keel skis. I got right on his butt to do this carbide comparo just to measure amount of push and steering effort. STs much better handling by a long shot and far less push and darting!

They are excellent... put 6000m on last set. The shaper bar they sell is the best longest lasting bar (8") that I have ever used! 8000m on them and still working. I will note the sled sees pretty good conditions most of the time but still... amazing.

Back