• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding a Nytro XTX Backcountry

jason22

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
hey guys.

Just wondering if anyone had studded a 2013 XTX backcountry?

I replaced the 1.75 track with a 1.25 ice Attack track and while doing the switch I installed the tunnel protectors.
The front heat exchanger in tunnel is still stock. NO protectors.
I was think I wanted to add 2 studs per bar For more traditional traction.
I was wondering if I’d be safe still without front protectors? Has backcountry has the internal / external drivers( less chance of ratcheting)
It looks like I mite have 1”-1.5” from tip of lug to the heat exchanger for clearance.

Do you think it be safe still not having protectors on front exchanger ?

Looks like it’s a big job changing out front heat exchanger for one with factory protectors installed on it already.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Thanks guys

hey guys.

I replaced the 1.75 track with a 1.25 ice Attack track and while doing the switch I installed the tunnel protectors.
I was wondering if I’d be safe still without front protectors? Has backcountry has the internal / external drivers( less chance of ratcheting)
It looks like I mite have 1”-1.5” from tip of lug to the heat exchanger for clearance.

Looks like it’s a big job changing out front heat exchanger for one with factory protectors installed on it already.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Thanks guys
hmmmm cant figure out why

The ice attack is a pre-studded , even though they are small tire type studs you should be fine on the ice. Why add more rotational weight to your track and chance a stud coming out and hitting your front heat exchanger. Just my 2 cents.

Pete

Seems to me a 1.75" backcountry track is a large lug to put studs in unless you're competing in a snow cross race.....

Seems to me a 1.75" backcountry track is a large lug to put studs in unless you're competing in a snow cross race.....
If you read Jason's post, it ways he replaced it with the 1.25" track.

The only reason I was thinking of studding was because I’m kinda old fashion and beleave tradition studs do a better job then the pre studded tracks. As traditional studs give you better traction on snow as well do to the size of them.
As far as wieght goes the Nytro is a boat already. Lol but Supercharger makes up for that.
The reason I went to a 1.25 track is because in. Southern Ontario there’s really not enough snow to justify 1.75 lug. ( slider wear and ripping/tearing lugs off)
So I took it off before wreaking track completely. ( sold it for good price)

hey guys.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Thanks guys

2012 nytro xtx with 1.25 ripsaw, 1.5 woodys megabites. 3 per row and dont have any problems with clearance on the heat exchangers. love the traction, love the safety of stopping on the trails and icey corners.

Back