• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

studs outside row?

this has been discussed alot on here over the past few years..

THe sled pivots slightly easier if there is only studs in the center verses in both the center and outsides.. Its a marginal difference but still there..

I havent run studs in the outsides of my last 3 sleds and havent had any problems with the track..

There is always a chance you will tear out one of the outside studs and ruin the track, you can handle a few tear outs in the middle..

remember that if you ride hard and do a lot of early and late season riding, or road running with a high horsepower machine you will ony get 2 years on a track, maybe 3 if you are lucky

inside or outside truth about studs

in the past I always studded only inside AND OUTSIDE....and am anal (like mrances job) about the install and have never lost even one stud..

I was under the impression center row studding turns better ...but after reading the info on BERGSTROMS website ...he explains it pretty well...outside studding turns better and hooks better but yes can be more of a risk...this risk is minimized by proper installation and of course riding according to the trail conditions...dont grip and rip in marginal stuff...

after inside studding a 121 ripsaw (predrilled) I outside studded my attak 136 and to me there's no comparison...

now if you are one of these guys that LIKES A SLEDS REAR TO ROTATE in the turns and only wants studs for braking...then center belt is the way for sure..

Camoplast says more than 144 in center only is pushing it, To many cord's cut and to much load causing exces belt stretch at speed. I got into this in depth with Yamaha and camoplast when i could no longer keep clip's in my track after going with more than 144 in center belt. I now have a full cliped, pre driled 144 Rip Saw (more cord structure) and no problems so far. kviper

sj said:
162 or 168 in the center on a 136 is the equivalent to a 144'd 121 track..
Yes, I am refering to a 121. I would think more than 168 in a 136 would be geting in to the same situation. kviper

Back