• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suggestions for raising seat?

WillowAce

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Viper L-TX-DX - Sold
2019 Switchback XCR - Sold
2015 Viper L-TX-LE
2019 Renegade 850 - In the shed just in case
2020 Viper L-TX-SE
Has anyone raised the seat on their viper? I would like to get my seat up another 1.5 to 2 inches to help the transition from sitting to standing. My first thought is to fashion a block to install under the seat, any thoughts? My second question is if I would have to adjust suspension if I do raise it. If I only raised the back would I put more pressure on the skis possibly increasing the tendency to push. Maybe lengthen the limiter strap a bit?

could see if the mtx seat is the height you need.

could see if the mtx seat is the height you need.
Yes, mtx seat is a bit higher, not sure how much but at least an inch, you can also undo the staple's and add more padding if needed.
I'm 6'3" and I find the mtx seat to be the perfect height for transitioning from standing to sitting and I ride a lot standing.

The MTX seat is at least 2" higher. It is hard to see in the picture but look at the hump just back from the tank fascia.

right side view small.jpg

Back