• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer Project Questions

WillowAce

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Viper L-TX-DX - Sold
2019 Switchback XCR - Sold
2015 Viper L-TX-LE
2019 Renegade 850 - In the shed just in case
2020 Viper L-TX-SE
I tried to get out of the sport, but found I simply couldn't do it so I picked up a used 2015 Viper L-TX late this season. It has 5,600 miles on it and I'm not sure of the level of maintenance the previous owner performed. With the price increase of 2023 sleds I want to run this one until it dies, if the 1049 actually dies when maintained properly. Although I've owned more than a couple Vipers I've never kept one more than a couple years so I've never done advanced maintenance. With-that-said, one of my summer projects is to tear it down and make sure all if the preventative maintenance is done before next season. My question is this; what should be on an comprehensive checklist off things that I should check for tolerance or replace? Thank you in advance.

I'd replace the jackshaft bearings and inspect everything in the chaincase.
Just had one here I fixed that the upper bearing had failed in the chaincase. Things get expensive fast.

I just installed a kit from Rocztoyz called a Grease-it. It replaces the bearing on the driveshaft and makes it greasable. Its a pretty slick kit and considering how much work is involved in accessing that bearing It saves a lot of work down the road. It comes with a plate, bolts, and a drive to press the bearing out, and press the new one in. I was able to use that plate to pull my caliper off the shaft. It was stuck on there pretty tight.

Back