• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer storage gas w/ 10% ethanol

Sled Dog

Lifetime Member
Now the rules have changed here a bit because the fuel has changed. I dont think Sea Foam and Stabil will treat ethanol so your going to have 10% of your fuel not treated and that 10% is more prone to disipate than normal gas so your going to be more prone to residual stale gas problems. The fitch fuel catalyst will not treat the ethanol either. So I am going to have to drain my carbs (run them until the motor dies) and I think I will drain the fuel tanks as well this year.

After alot of problems last summer I used premium fuel ( not supposed to have ethanol) in my 4 stroke boat and it seemed to work. The boat is good enough on fuel that I only use about 1/2 a tank.

In Mn we have had !0% ethanol for years and I have had good success with seafoam . Others with stabil, so I think they both work fine.

My solution has been siphon to near empty then seafoam it "thick" meaning higher ration then on can and run it through and let it sit. TIL SNOW!!!

Then next winter fill it up with fresh gas (all 10%ethanol) and figure I can not have more condensation than a gallon of ethanol can handle. Works for me like a charm on sleds, mowers, weed wackers chain saws and on on.

Yamadoo

Back