• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer Storage...

The way i did it was like this (Keep in mind it is the first engine powered anything that i have ever owned so if I'm off please let me know):

- I changed oil and filter
- With a full tank I added Yamaha fuel stabilizer and let it run for 10 mins to let it work its way through.
- Then i took out the plugs fogged the cylinders put in new plugs.
- Took out the battery
- Took off the belt
- Greased everything i could
- Took out the tension from the track
- Covered it and put it aside in my garage
- Charged the battery once a month

Come the cold weather I checked all the fluids adjusted track put in belt. Started the sled up a once it was at a good constant tempature (fan kicked in and off twice) I adjusted the idle speed. No problems just started riding.

Personally here is what I do.

Change the oil and spray a little engine oil fogger in it while cranking it with the spark cut off. Then I siphon the gas out and use it in my wheelers.

That it, I don't subscribe to the "gas is only good for 30 days" crap, Even E10. We have had E10 for 15+ years in Minnesota and I've never had it "go bad" in under a year. I use the same method for all my other 2 stroke and 4 stroke toys and haven't ever had an issue though I HAVE upgraded the fuel lines and gaskets to Ethanol friendly stuff on older equipment.

Also sometime during the summer I like to pull the skid out of the sled and go through it and lube it to make sure everything is ready for another season.

Sounds like a good plan. Fuel DOES go bad though. That's why the passages get plugged in the carbs over the summer. It's happened to me a couple times with this sled from varnishing up the idle circuit and it wouldn't run worth a crap in the fall.

Back