• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension set up help 09 RTX

DeerHuntr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey guys I have been doing little tweaks here and there and I am close but am unsure where to go next. I have it so it is like riding on a cloud rite now, awsome!! My quandry is when it comes to handling. I want to take some ski pressure away and take away some weight transfer as well so i can power through the corners. I would normally just suck up the front limiter strap on my old sled to limit the weight transfer but this will give me more ski pressure at the same time and I have too much already. I could add pressure to the front shock but it is riding so nice I don't really want to mess with it and I think that will make it transfer a bit more then it already is, this thing stands on end at 60mph if it get traction. Am wondering about the rear strap and it's function, never had a sled with a rear limiter strap. Might look into adding the adjustable coupling blocks if I can't get it to work the way I want. The USI PX 301 skis I put on are a bear to turn when they are on the ground but it sure doesn't push any in the corners, I am going to be built like a freaking gorrilla with this much ski pressure and at the same time I am the wheelie king when I am on the throttle, HELP

Experiment withe the back straps. Try one hole on each side and see if that helps. This should reduce transfer.

Get adjustable coupler blocks on the rear skid. The sled should have come with them. This will limit transfer and not affect ski pressure.

sorry, to ask such a stupid question, but what exactly does "weight transfer" do, and how will the different settings of the transfer block affect it?

Weight transfer is when the sled "rocks" back and fouth with accelleration and deceleration. When under hard acceleration, the machine has a tendancy to lift the front skis, which "plants" the entire weight of the machine on the track, increasing traction. Not enough tranfer and the track will spin, and too much transfer won't allow the skis to touch the ground very often, obvoiusly affecting steering. Also having too little transfer will put more pressure on the skis all the time, increasing steering effort.
Think of it as a balancing act, you have to achive a good balance between all the points of contact (skis, front and rear of the skid) to operate efficently, safely and for maximum performace.
Thats my best scientific description, sd5500...

Traildale said:
Get adjustable coupler blocks on the rear skid. The sled should have come with them. This will limit transfer and not affect ski pressure.
Where can I get adjustable coupler blocks? Yamaha, aftermarket?

More info

I may be able to provide some help but need a little more info about your current set-up. Ive got my sled riding pretty well right now. I've found that for me the best way to reduce ski pressure and the hard turning issues you are experiencing was by shortening the rear limiter strap one hole. Made a huge difference. Obviously this may make your weight transfer issues worse. For me the torsion springs seem to really affect the weight transfer. You might try tightening the torsion springs one setting and then backing off your compression dampening on the shocks to try to compensate for the stiffer ride. This should reduce weight transfer and maintain a similar ride. Again, these are the results that worked for me......I could be dead wrong! It really is amazing how adjustable this skid is.

Madmatt

Back