• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension settings, RTX ONLY

yeah once I get some miles on and it loosens up I think it's gonna be awesome,i sat on a LTX SE at the dealer the other day and that suspension didn't move when I got on,wow I was surprised by that,mines way softer than that

yeah once I get some miles on and it loosens up I think it's gonna be awesome,i sat on a LTX SE at the dealer the other day and that suspension didn't move when I got on,wow I was surprised by that,mines way softer than that
. Yes rtx in 14 is same stiff suspension as ltx. I am jealous.

My initial setup.

175lbs street clothes

Front(RC2)

Main 150lbs
Evol 60lbs
L/S 10 clicks out
H/S 10 clicks out
Rebound 10 clicks out
Woodies 6in inside 4in outside

Skid

Front arm/strap-4th hole
Shock/spring-softest
Rebound-10 out
Rear spring/cam-softest
Rear shock-both settings 10 out
Blocks-#1 position

4-2-4 stud pattern.

Has anyone tried the "Out of the Box" Setup for the '15 RTX LE? What's it like?

Last piece came in today and finally snow too! Will hit the ditch tomorrow. First setup will be Carver stock rear and then will try the Axis.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I just wanted to add one comment. I see a lot of guys talking about running 50-60 psi main pressure. I've seen Cat 2 stroke guys running 70 psi main. I've also seen comments from a guy that started low for a season disliked it then decided to bump up and found a huge improvement.

Looking at this logically and taking into account personal preferences, I think we really should be looking at a bit higher pressure for the heavier engine.

As a coil spring example: Doo 2 strokes run a 90-95# coil while the 4 strokes run 120# and apparently the sno-x run 145# Now I'm not trying to compare spring rates to psi, but I am looking at the percentage of increased spring to support the weight. Going from 90 to 120 is a 33% increase.

Using this logic we would likely benefit from more psi. Not sure if 33% is the number, but a bit more should surely be in order.

Do what suits you. I ran 60 in main because I noticed at 70 inside ski was not compressing and would lift in corners. Lower pressure helped that and made it plush. I do have push now though but only cause I am cornering faster.

Back