• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension ???

snowhite

Pro
Country
Canada
Hello members, firstly I just changed out the dreaded fox float air shock on the rear of my '15 stxdx, wow I wished I did this years ago!! Changed it to a MTX coil over gas from the same year. Okay what I would like to know is from experienced drivers is this , I installed a front or center shock from bill mohr seemed very stiff and have seen on posts that it can cause the shaft to actually bend! Now there is a progressive spring from hygear, have any used it? Also with the rear shock change I want to go with hygears linkage system, anyone have experience with the kit?

I have not heard the spring causing bent shafts. Not sure how it could to be honest. I put the stiffer spring on my 14 and it is like night and day difference in the steering. Is the linkage system not for the XTX to make it coupled like the LTX?

Put the Barn of Parts heavy duty cross shaft in and the tunnel saver plates too.
Run the heavier spring and have no worries.

Back