• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Swapping out XTX rear skid, what's out there?

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX
Thinking of swapping out the rear skid on my 2011 XTX. Mine has enough miles on it and needs a total rebuild. I'm not opposed to doing it, just wondering what others have wedged into place to replace stock? I've seen a couple with the Viper skid, any other skids work good? What mods where needed to make it work? Thanks for any input and pics of your setups.

the float skid (all 141" cat and the viper skid) swap is a common, there is a huge thread on this subject in the nytro mountain riding section

I put a timbersled mountain tamer kit into mine and it works really well, kinda pricey though. "m.schuey7" swap will give similar results and probably cheaper to do "VERY COOL MOD"

I swapped in a 141 float skid out of a crossfire. Its better in every way... it rides so much better, weighs 30lb less, and its way easier to work on.

IMG_20160323_141951.jpg

Last edited:

Back