• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SX 600 and 700

SledFreak

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Current 2020 ThunderCat. - SOLD!
What year is good for the sx600 and 700. I'm looking to buy one, so I can hook a sleigh to it and bomb my kids around on it. Also, when did they discontinue the Ovation.... Maybe a better choice? I don't want to new because I don't want to pay alot for it, since It will just be for my kids in the yard and field next to my house. Any help....

I loved my 98 600SX with Ohlins on it. That is one of my all time favortie sleds. I think they were all pretty good? Never heard of any problems with the 600 motors. I know of a few 97 SX's that had crank problems though.

00 & newer triple 6 & 700,s. they had the long travel rear skid. 600 & 700 triples are unkillable & stock clutching can be dialed in for $5. 600 twin is hard on fuel & clutch bushings. stay away.

why not let them ride ur sled? thats what my dad did started on a 700 wild cat just give em a speed limit :) then he moved up well down to a 600 mountain cat. Saves money but if u dont want them with the power then buy a diff sled.

Cody, my kids are 1 and 1/2 and 5 years old. Not old enough....

What about an Ovation? How are they... Anybody..

We have a '95 Ovation in our fleet. Been in the family since new. VERY reliable. Also has the added bonus of the fan blowing warm air out of the dash on the left side so the kids won't get too cold. Great starter sled. My 14yr old girl has been honing her skills for the last two years & is now moving up to an '07 Phazer GT. I think I may have a line on a used one locally if you are close enough. Let me know if you need more info.

Back