• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tail light

stuckless316

Extreme
I just put on a Hartman tunnel extension on the sled and want to move the tail light to the end of it. Has anyone ever done this and what will I need to do this? Is there a special wire harness that I need? Here is a pic:

i have a 136 ext on my fx i left the taillight there. i wouldnt move it

Attachments

• january ride 25th and 26th 016.jpg
    january ride 25th and 26th 016.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 256
I moved mine to where the little red reflector is on the back. The holes line up perfectly. Just had to cut a hole for the wires to go under the tunnel and mount them up. You'll need to extend the stock wires. My extension kit came with a wire extension I just had to plug in.

I mounted a Phazer tool box backwards at the end of the tunnel and then stripped the plastic housing off the light and mounted it to the end of the Phazer box. I will try to get a picture on the weekend.

I have made a template for moving it to the back. I traced it off of a MTX ext. I will try to scan it tommorow for you and email it.

i have a 153 MTX with the skinz tunnel rack and have my brake light tucked back by the pipe. The brake light just gets covered with snow from riding anyway if you ask me... that and I like the tail light tucked back under the pipe - looks cleaner to me.
I am adding the Skinz tail light kit for $40 to solve the issue for when i have a pack or something obstructing the view of it. It is only 4" and has a nice clean install bracket and wiring that it comes with. I can post of picture of it after i get it installed.

IMG_0465.jpg

I bet if you called tracksusa.com the would sell you just the tail light extension kit that comes with the long track kit for the nytro. I forget what it costs but it is a pretty long extension for the tail light wire and simply plugs in.

Back