• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Team Secondary Setup???

daveronline

Hi I just acquired a team secondary off an RX1. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what Helix . This is what I do know about it. Team Clutch with the Rapid Reaction Twin Trax helix. The helix angle is 48-38-F, 50-40-F. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great! Thanks in advance!

Assuming you want to put this on an FX Nytro you may want to make sure as the jack shafts of an RX1 and an FX are different diameters. Might be able to change the output shaft, not sure how they are made.

You'll want to add your location to your profile (required) also adding your sled helps with questions.

If it fits on the jackshaft(100% sure it won,t) your gonna have to totally lighten up the primary or change it all together to make it run proper rpm,s.

Hello, I`m new to this site and to yamaha.
Lots of good reading here!!!!

Is there any way I can make a apex/rx1 rear clutch to fit on a FxNytro??
What is the diference?

I used to run cats, and now I want a STM tuner rear clutch from
mr. Jannety to fit on my MCX Nytro.

The nytro runs a larger jackshaft. Any outer secondary shive from a 97-08 yamaha sled other then a nytro won,t fit.. The splined shaft that the secondary clutch fits on is a larger diameter & it needs a special outer secondary shive.

daveronline said:
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what Helix . !

I guess your first hurdle is getting it to fit the shaft.

We got to play with a Team last season (on a Doo) and I have never felt such good response from changes from any other clutch. The reaction to different helix angles and springs is astounding.

First thing is just drive it. You will then feel the difference and hopefully – better determine which way to go.

You are going to have to buy or build your own set of – take apart tools. It’s quite easy but time consuming to get them disassembled.

Once you get the direction you want to go with angles - then look on ebay for tons of options. The springs are available as well – but always consider them softer than the specs say. Used secondary springs for the Team loose their memory early on.

We won’t go into belt height here – but set it up for correct Yamaha belt deflection – rather than its position on the secondary. I can’t remember the sheave angle of the Team – but Doo’s race primaries have two angles on the face -so the belt will change to fit.

I guess the only problem is -they have too many options. The clutch is naturally tuned heavy -tight – so you may have to adjust the primary as well to get a balance.

Turk said:
The nytro runs a larger jackshaft. Any outer secondary shive from a 97-08 yamaha sled other then a nytro won,t fit.. The splined shaft that the secondary clutch fits on is a larger diameter & it needs a special outer secondary shive.

Thanks for a quick respond, I measured the shaft size on my nytro,
It`s 29,7mm. what is the shaft size on the Apex?
Possible to make i it work??? :o| :o| :o|

Guess I have to wait for STM to make one for the nytro :dunno:

Again, great site!!!!

Thanks NÃ¥rge

I use a team on my mtn viper and love it. I'll be putting one on the nytro as soon as one is available. I was told by someone at Team that they would have one out for the nytro in the Fall of 08.

If it fits on the jackshaft(100% sure it won,t) your gonna have to totally lighten up the primary or change it all together to make it run proper rpm,s.
Turk: Iam in need of a couple minutes of your experience if you would not mind I would sure be grateful for a couple clutch questions, Thanks Larry 9893241835
The more I read the dumber I get.

Back