• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Testing starter solenoid

rb2001srx700

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2001 SRX 700
I need some help with this one please. Not the best at electrical but, can usually figure it out. 2020 Viper starter solenoid. I tested for voltage across the 2 main posts. I was showing 12.7 volts. As far as I know I believe you should not have voltage across the 2 posts right. I also have continuity across the 2 posts as well. This testing is with the key and kill switch off. I had a 2021 sidewinder available for testing as well and at first, we had the same readings. Then we disconnected the wires that were connected from the key switch I think. 2 wires with automotive connector, connected in front of the 2 posts. I pulled that and I no longer had voltage across the 2 posts and no longer had continuity either. Plugged that back in and now have no continuity or voltage across the posts. I can only think it broke the electrical connection and reset the starter solenoid? I looked for video's and searched the web for answers, but not having good luck. Mainly automotive findings.

Thank you again for your expertise.

RB

You should not have 12 volts unless you turn the key.. or the starter would never stop kicking out solenoid.

Back