• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

That can't be good

APEX 06

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.sheboyganyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX, 08 Apex Mtx
I thought I was seeing things when I look into the tunnel and seen the clamp moving. So I opened her up to see the clamp up side down looks like its time to do the donuts.

Attachments

• rps20140220_182124_865.jpg
    rps20140220_182124_865.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 68

Don't forget to grind off about 2mm of the donut clamp so they can tighten more. Your clamp won't spin again.

I wish dealers would do that because I have seen donuts installed and the clamps getting loose because they can't be tightened more. Just a heads up if you or others haven't done that before.

Been there!
Do like mentioned and grind the spacer down and problem solved!

I have to do the donuts in my vector soon, I'll be replacing them with the copper donuts.

while your in there go ahead and do copper donuts, lather them up in high temp silicone, put a bead of silicone in the clamp, and torque to spec with a new bolt. haven't touched them in 3 years and no leaks. done 4 sleds like this and all been successful. does your dealer stock copper donuts?

I used the copper ones I have had two set just sitting here waiting for a sled in need. It will be nice to see the fuel mileage go up some.

When you change the donuts it would be a good time to double check the flex pipes. I had a flex pipe that looked fine, no cracks or any visible damage.
However, when I tried to put some air pressure into the pipe it had leaks where the flexible material is connected to the pipe. It's quite impossible to see, so keeping one end taped shut and filling the pipe with water revealed the leak immediately. You can also just blow air into it and see if it leaks or not.

Adde said:
When you change the donuts it would be a good time to double check the flex pipes. I had a flex pipe that looked fine, no cracks or any visible damage.
However, when I tried to put some air pressure into the pipe it had leaks where the flexible material is connected to the pipe. It's quite impossible to see, so keeping one end taped shut and filling the pipe with water revealed the leak immediately. You can also just blow air into it and see if it leaks or not.

X2 if your in that far look at everything just to be safe :Rockon:

Back