• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The People who are dissapointed

JJWickenhauser said:
That new Cat is a pig. It's huge!! I asked the Cat fellas for a weight and they couldn't tell me one. I did have my Yammi jacket on though!!!

Sounds like 2003 and the realease of the new RX1. Yamaha riders all defended the RX1 and said it felt way lighter, weight was not an issue. Makes me smile when I hear anouther sled called heavy. Still can't find a weight for the new Yamahas on thier site. Guess when you sell heavy sleds you don't want to post weight.

My Warrior is around 600pds dry. Full of fuel and my fat arse on its back it weighs over a half ton. The Apex 136 is not much lighter and yes unless stuck my Warrior feels way lighter then 600pds. Weight is not as huge an issue as some make it out to be. Not for a trail sled.

silversurfer said:
Sasquatch said:
sprtnwd4yamaha said:
Alot of you are stuck on this HP issue (not enough) quit complaining and boost your sled. you will still have plenty of reliability.

Don't think I haven't thought of it. But a 14,000 dollar sled plus a 7 thousand for the turbo installed is way out of my league.

Buy in the US. I don't know why you guys get hosed on the pricing so badly for, that is one gripe that has merit.

So anyway, if you bought in the US - I know CPR was selling turnkey turbo Apexs at one point for 14k? can't recall, it was around there. Or you could buy used - 05/06 RX-1/Apex plus a new turbo + install is definitely going to be cheaper than that, and make a LOT more hp than the Cat.

I still fail to see why everyone is getting so excited about this Cat turbo. Yes it's nice, good for them. But 200+ vs 177 for comparable money? No thanks.

One will have a warranty!

sprtnwd4yamaha said:
Dont just quote a portion of my post if you go on to read i say if you have the money for a new sled but dont like the 09 line-up, then take some of that $$ and boost your sled if you want more HP.

I don't want to boost mine! I know what you where getting at and sorry if you feel misquoted. My Bad! That option is there and has been considered. A used Venture and a turbo is interesting. Maybe CPR could build one?

I was looking for a new sled. The new Venture touring! Just with more motor.

a venture with a stock turbo would be a nice set up for touring. not a big turbo, just something it give it a little more kick with a boost adjuster for different conditions

sprtnwd4yamaha said:
a venture with a stock turbo would be a nice set up for touring. not a big turbo, just something it give it a little more kick with a boost adjuster for different conditions

Cat is mildly boosted up to 177 from 130ish. That is more then enough hp. Sounds like close to 5pds boost.

09 Z1 Turbo LXR LE Black -$12,329

A certain maine dealerships offering for spring snocheck. I think it will be hard to find dealerships that will match that price but unless you already own the sled you plan to boost then its hard to argue that the new turbo z1 isnt a good deal.

Also people seem to be assuming that cause cat only put it at 177 hp then its not competitive with aftermarket boosted yammies. If you compare apples to apples (09z1 turbo vs 09 vector or venture) theres no way you can buy a brand new anything and boost it cheaper than what a factory can and with a warranty to boot. The set up cat used will probably easily get over 200 hp with a boost control and maybe ecu reprogram and probably still be less than a new sled and aftermarket turbo set up.

Me personally as I said in another thread similiar to this I think yammies 09 release was decent. It seems the only people really disappointed are those that think the apex is the only sled yammie offers. Im most interested in nytro refinements, the xtx, and 120fi. The fact that they ll all have atleast one season under their belt before Im ready to buy a new sled will just be an add bonus in yammies favor when I start to shop.

Back