• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

This board rocks!!!

Ohiohntr

Extreme
First of all...thank you moderators and board owners for keeping the forum going....for the mechanically inclined like myself it is a huge help!

It all started with a simple mouse nest around the Y pipe, then with the help of other members pm'ing offering advise, vendors chiming in with available parts and walking me through certain processes, to helping research the right oil and aftermarket filter to run.....it all came together tonight and when I turned the key to hear no rattling exhaust, quiet gear chains, etc....it was sweet music!!!

All in all I saved about $500 in labor and parts for the various upgrades I did...more than enough to buy the Klim coat I was looking at.

I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credit is do....thank you Ty4stroke!

X2 - This forum Rocks!

I have saved a lot of money and learned a lot of tricks here. I have purchased from vendors because of this forum as well as passed on the tips and tricks we have learned locally.

The more you do the more you learn, before you know it you will be helping the rest of us out. If you become a VIP member you will get access to the shop manuals as well as contribute directly to the running of the site.

I'm gonna sign up tomorrow once I get in front of the computer...thanks again all...thankless job keeping us adereniline junkies in line....lol

X2 till I started chiming in I did very little on my sled now do it all exhaust, wheels, bearing, painting, clutch cleaning, if you do not know
there will be someone to help you great bunch of guys must come from the top

And still have enough leftover to get a VIP membership.:jump:
Thanx Steiner, I just finally got my VIP after 10 or 11 years? Dont know why I waited so long because its well worth the $15 every year. Good Job Mr. Sled. :rocks:

Now I just gotta figure an Avatar.

Friends stop by and admire my shop. In truth if I didn't work on my own toys, I would not be able to afford running them. So the shop may seem like a large investment, in reality it is a money saver. That and my wife never denies me a new tool - she knows how much bringing things in can cost.

With the right tools and help from people that have the experience there isn't much you can't do.

Friends stop by and admire my shop. In truth if I didn't work on my own toys, I would not be able to afford running them. So the shop may seem like a large investment, in reality it is a money saver. That and my wife never denies me a new tool - she knows how much bringing things in can cost.

With the right tools and help from people that have the experience there isn't much you can't do.

That's so true about the money saved by doing your own repairs. If I had to take my sled to a shop every time I needed something done to it I wouldn't save much money over a new sled by the time I would pay someone $70 per hour to work on it. Plus a shop probably wouldn't even do some of the stuff we like to do. For an example a suspension swap. Its always better to do what you can yourself to not only save money, but you also learn a lot about your sled that way.

This forum rocks! Learned a lot about my yammies from it! So helpful! Drinking a beer in the garage...working on sleds and watching football, Doesn't get any better......just need some damn snow now!!!

Back