• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

This should work on a Nytro! **UPDATE NEW INFO**

mach9

TY 4 Stroke Master
I was looking at the crazy sway bar system these guys made up for the phazer.
http://www.schmidtbrosmotorsports.com

I wonder if anyone is thinking up some stronger or upgraded sway bars for the Nytro.
Has that been tried? Wouldn't it help for flatter cornering?

Has someone posted thoughts or experiments with the stock sway bar on the 08 Nytro's..?

Maybe I'm out in left field here...
But the early RX-1 has some excessive ski lift and body roll.
Yamaha made some mods and from what I remember the sway bars were changed and that helped.

Some guys are taking off the sway bars, but that seems to be going backward in the trail riding cornering aspect and only helping in the Mountain sleds.

I don't think that crazy Phaser sway bar set up has the best look.
Although I could get use to it as long as it does the fix I'm looking for.
From some talk on the Phazer forum. One guy said it worked great to limit body roll and increase stability.
Seems the larger Phazer sway bars may be tuned for less effort over a wider range.

Don't we consider the Nytro simillar in ride style...?
So called a Phazer on steroids?

Maybe I should call the Schmidt Brothers and ask if they are experimenting on the Nytro at all?

(talking to myself here)

Looks like a very well thought out and adjustable sway bar. That is how the I had mine installed on my fourwheeler for ice ovals.

It makes some sense to me.
Might only be needed for the 08 model.
But heck if a bolt on $500 kit can make it work much better.
Never mind all that other stuff, shock valving, etc. etc.

At one point I was considerig spending over $4000 on my 08 but figured an 09 was a better platform to build from.

I sent Schmidt Brothers and email asking if they are testing anything for the Nytro.
Waiting for a reply.

mach9 said:
Some guys are taking off the sway bars, but that seems to be going backward in the trail riding cornering aspect and only helping in the Mountain sleds.
I removed the sway bar. Combined with relatively stiff front shock absorbers and front springs, I found clear stability improvements and no drawbacks for rough trail riding. In corners as well as straights. I can not comment on groomed trail riding, it kind of does not exist around my place...

Alatalo said:
mach9 said:
I removed the sway bar. Combined with relatively stiff front shock absorbers and front springs, I found clear stability improvements and no drawbacks for rough trail riding. In corners as well as straights. I can not comment on groomed trail riding, it kind of does not exist around my place...

Interesting...
Sway bar off and works for you. But stiff as a board up front.
I did the same thing on my 08.
I went super stiff up front to stop the chassis roll.
It helped, but my arms and shoulders took a real beating all season.
But it never did stop that unpredicatble once in awhile hard dig in bite that made the sled tip up without much warning.

Schmidt Brothers got back to me.
The answer was as I expected.

They said it is very hard to market a product that most do not understand.
And that it is valid to question solutions for the Nytro.
They are super busy right now, but maybe next year they will look into testing sway bars.

Keep your 08s... This may be the ticket one day.

NEW UPDATE FROM Schmidt Bros.

Wow what a difference a day makes.

I'm not a sales guy for this outfit nor do I have a vested interest in this company etc etc.
I just think everyone needs to know about this.
Moderators please make this Sticky (if possible)

*** NEW UPDATE FROM Schmidt Brothers ***
Just sent me an email...
All 2008 FX Nytro owners need to read closely to what I'm copying in here.

I think you are spot on with your diagnosis about the nytro and yes it is like a big phazer. It's alot heavier in the front which exaggerates the problem. The sway bar kit would be a plus. If you are bloging on the forums about this issue and can get enough guys to jump on board and pre order one I could use the support and get it off the ground much faster. What I'm trying to say is, right now I am in the process of building another lot of kits for the phazer because we are sold out, and now with market conditions. I can't take any chances and we all know how short the season is. If you can spark enough interest and we get 10 pre orders going very soon using the phazer pricing ($459.99) I know we could get this off the ground quicker, say 3 weeks. I already have my blue prints and math ready. And as for all 08 nytro guys, I have a upper ball joint up-grade that will fix the camber problem in the front ends. It will be on our web site soon. Maybe we can get the snow ball rolling.

Thank You
Chris Schmidt
Owner/President @ SBM (989) 756-2150.
Contact Chris direct if you are interested in pre-orders for the Nytro sway bar. customerquestions@schmidtbrosmotorsports.com

Ok guys...
It appears Chris is eager to help us out to fix our issue.
Anyone else using other forums like HCS... Should pass this info. along.
Chris told me it is OK to do that.

In simple terms...
Here is what these larger sway bars do:
As you go deep into a corner weight transfer force is pushed up into the outside side corner suspension.
The bars then push back some of the force to the other ski. (inside corner ski). Which in turn also puts more force back to the outside ski.
It works in conjunction together. This flattens out the side to side weight transfer and reduces body roll and ski lift.
In theory you should be able to run your front shocks much softer to let it do what it is designed for over the bumps and also achieve the flat cornering as the weight squats your machine down a bit over both shocks.
Not just one side working = more control etc. etc.

Cheers

Even the fact that they are going to offer an upper ball joint upgrade kit to fix the camber.
Not everyone has a machine shop handy or buddy with a shop to experiment.

Re: NEW UPDATE FROM Schmidt Bros.

mach9 said:
Wow what a difference a day makes.

I'm not a sales guy for this outfit nor do I have a vested interest in this company etc etc.
I just think everyone needs to know about this.
Moderators please make this Sticky (if possible)

*** NEW UPDATE FROM Schmidt Brothers ***
Just sent me an email...
All 2008 FX Nytro owners need to read closely to what I'm copying in here.

I think you are spot on with your diagnosis about the nytro and yes it is like a big phazer. It's alot heavier in the front which exaggerates the problem. The sway bar kit would be a plus. If you are bloging on the forums about this issue and can get enough guys to jump on board and pre order one I could use the support and get it off the ground much faster. What I'm trying to say is, right now I am in the process of building another lot of kits for the phazer because we are sold out, and now with market conditions. I can't take any chances and we all know how short the season is. If you can spark enough interest and we get 10 pre orders going very soon using the phazer pricing ($459.99) I know we could get this off the ground quicker, say 3 weeks. I already have my blue prints and math ready. And as for all 08 nytro guys, I have a upper ball joint up-grade that will fix the camber problem in the front ends. It will be on our web site soon. Maybe we can get the snow ball rolling.

Thank You
Chris Schmidt
Owner/President @ SBM (989) 756-2150.
Contact Chris direct if you are interested in pre-orders for the Nytro sway bar. customerquestions@schmidtbrosmotorsports.com

Ok guys...
It appears Chris is eager to help us out to fix our issue.
Anyone else using other forums like HCS... Should pass this info. along.
Chris told me it is OK to do that.

In simple terms...
Here is what these larger sway bars do:
As you go deep into a corner weight transfer force is pushed up into the outside side corner suspension.
The bars then push back some of the force to the other ski. (inside corner ski). Which in turn also puts more force back to the outside ski.
It works in conjunction together. This flattens out the side to side weight transfer and reduces body roll and ski lift.
In theory you should be able to run your front shocks much softer to let it do what it is designed for over the bumps and also achieve the flat cornering as the weight squats your machine down a bit over both shocks.
Not just one side working = more control etc. etc.

Cheers

Hey, did anyone ever order any of these or does anyone know if they did get any preorders and if they are planing on making the kit for the Nytro...... looks interesting ???

Back