• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thoughts on 2012 Yamaha Nytro XTX

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
Just wondering what you guys think of the 2012 Nytro XTX. Upgrades? Cheap things to do to the sled?

OFT relocate is a great upgrade. One of many.

Pete

My best mods were the wrp seat, star suspension kit and the oft relocate. Glad to have the mountaintech full skid plate and I love the back country 1.75 track. Schmidt bros comfort clutch is a good starting point for smooth engagement. Nothing is cheap. But, you should probably just ride it and see if it works for you before starting the mod list. You may like it from factory.

I agree, try it out the way you bought it, could save LOTS of money in the long run. If you do want to upgrade, clutching is to me still the best bang for your buck.

My best mods were the wrp seat, star suspension kit and the oft relocate. Glad to have the mountaintech full skid plate and I love the back country 1.75 track. Schmidt bros comfort clutch is a good starting point for smooth engagement. Nothing is cheap. But, you should probably just ride it and see if it works for you before starting the mod list. You may like it from factory.
So is that seat soft like the original seat but better for stand up riding and stuff? Thoughts on it? Pics by any chance?

I bought this seat from a friend. He had his upholstery shop add more foam to what wrp supplies. It is more firm than the factory foam. It narrows at the top. I find it quite comfortable and easy to maneuver around the sled. It compliments the oft kit perfectly. I'll try to post picks of the sled tomorrow. I'll be getting her cleaned up for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are a few pics of my 2011 XTX.
3a20eb500bd41b4b88c55f5df1f68457.jpg
c2a48d340246df72f2337d1d94d4a47a.jpg
62d6ff4f9828578cf02e8f2582dc8480.jpg
8fc8e2d86e77d1692c388329d56ac1a5.jpg
acdb2cb9e27cd148592bab2c0b0d6a2b.jpg

The pics give you a look at the star suspension kit and dura flex scratchers. A must with the back country track.

Did you have to remove the tunnel protectors to fit the 1.75 track?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes. Not hard when the skid and track are out. I used an angle grinder and CAREFULLY ground off the welds on the heat exchanger. I also installed an oft block off plate. I still notice ice buildup. Not as bad as before with the tunnel protectors in though.

Any polish works. Lots of elbow grease. Corded drill with a variety of buffing wheels from harbor freight. The white rouge works too. The more you do, the easier it is to get the shine back. I still want more shine from mine. It can get better.

How the heck do you get your tunnel looking that good?
I do the same to my sled every year also. And when pay2play says a lot of elbow grease..........he's speaking the truth! I use mothers aluminum polish and I love that stuff. For a polisher I just use a buffer from advance auto I bought for 30$ makes it 10x faster and easier. Just don't get the Polish on the plastic parts kinda leaves a stain.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back