• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle body boost leaks

Any thoughts on what kind of hose I should go with to replace it? I'm not sure if basic vacuum style hose would hold up.
Last year riding it felt like it was down on power and fairly easy to get knock light. I actually couldn't really feel much HP difference between SM tunes bundle like I could before. Naturally I figured it was poor quality fuel and started carrying octane booster which helped the knock some but not the HP. It always starts and runs fine, it just doesn't feel like it has the steam it use to. I'm glad I decided to do a pressure test!
I replaced most of the small hoses up front with hi temp silicon vacuum hose

Reactions: SPM
Quick update: After finding a mysterious puncture hole in hose going to fuel regulator, more pressure testing also revealed small leaks in turbosmart and 3Bar. After 90 minutes of 22psi not a single clamp leaked (surprised), so I'm thinking of holding off on clamp spacer change for now and doing regular pressure tests.

Attachments

• 20211217_224744.jpg
    20211217_224744.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 131
So the spacers need to be 1/2 the OE length ?
Do you still bottom the clamps out after ?

I don’t know how you guys have the patience to do this.
I gave up…..lol

Back